update on me op 21st May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on me op 21st May

Sorry i havent been on for ages my laptop broke the day i got out of hospital and dell still havent fixed it, so i brought a new laptop for now.
    Anyway i went back work full time last week which was about 8-9 weeks after the op, im doing well the pain in my arm is getting less and less and i havent got the restless legs and that anymore which stopped me from sleeping, i have had very little pain in my back just my arm mainly.

I have been allowed to start swimming aswell been doing that for passed 3 weeks, i dont have another check up till 4th Feb unless i get any probs, and im off to Egypt in December so cant wait.

Work is goo at least it makes the days go quicker rather then sat at home and it makes me execise which is good for my back, because to be truthful i wasnt doing much at home, although i got told i should really.

But alll in all im DOING GREAT and im so pleased i had it done, i thought it would be alot worse then this after the op that was all i was worried about, before the op, my curve is now around 20 degrees, he said he could have got it more stirghter but he dint want to put presure on my spine because he said it was hard enough to get to 20 degrees and he thought if he went furter it might have done some damage, but im pleased with the result and will get a pic up soon.

Thank you for all your support its this site that helped me make my mind up on having the op, no matter what people tell you its better to talk to someone who has been there and you lot have been great, and some of the messages helped my parents aswell.

Angela
    xxx
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Yay Angela! It sounds like you are doing really well! Im so glad you posted,a s I was wondering how it was going with your returning to work and all. It sounds like it's just fine.

You should be pretty happy with a 20º curve-- that's practically straight to most of us! We'll look forward to seeing that pic!

Take care-- and keep us posted with how you're doing. It's so good to hear these success stories! Hugs, Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Great to hear! I am glad you are doing well! Keep up the good work.

Brad
      Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
      Still have 57 degree curve
      2 Harrington rods
      Luque method used
      Dr David Bradford
      Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
      Preop xray (with brace on)
      Postop xray

Comment

I am so happy that you're doing so well Angela. Sounds like you are adjusting and getting back to normal. Keep it up!! I'm glad you're around again.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Angela, I'm happy to hear that you are doing so well. Your age is definitely to your advantage. Keep up the good work.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X