Memory Foam Toppers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Foam Toppers.

I have a question, dh and I are FINALLY going to buy a topper for me and our bed (after 8 weeks post op) ...BUT I'm on overstock and the Sertas are NOW down to 69.99 w/ 2 pillows. THEN I see there is another option at 69.99 w/pillows however no name, but the original price is higher.

Has anyone bought off Overstock, know which one would be better? I'm feeling that the Serta would be, I have experience in my mattress selling days with their memory foam line. But the one with no name stumps me.

Thanks in advance,
    Meg

Last edited by mmw; 07-18-2008, 11:45 AM.
    My One Crooked Momma blog
    Fused T1-L1 May 21st 2008
    From 51* to STRAIGHT! Thanks Dr. Shelokov @ Baylor

I have bought off overstock before, but not a mattress topper. I bought mine at Costco. It was a tempurpedic 2 inch one. Its great. As far as memory foam toppers go, is there really that much difference in them? Are they all the same with different packaging? Or are they really different?

You might try going to a mattress store and seeing if they have the same things, and seeing if there are any difference, then buy off overstock if its cheaper.

I put in another post that I have a 3 inch topper, but its actually a 2 inch. I'm going to use the excuse that I am a man, and we always like to add an inch or two to some measurements.

Brad
    Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
    Still have 57 degree curve
    2 Harrington rods
    Luque method used
    Dr David Bradford
    Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
    Preop xray (with brace on)
    Postop xray

Comment

Foam Toppers

I have ordered form Overstock.com for a comforter. I had to do a return, daughter didn't like the color and with no problems. I bought her a few months ago from Linens N Things a full size topper - not sure of the name but it was 2 inches and it goes under the mattress like a sheet does. It just doesn't sit on the bed (know what I mean?). It was originally $120, on sale for $99 but I had the 20% coupon so it cost me a little over $80.00. We have the actual Temperpedic bed and I must say, the memory foam topper is quite comfortable. She loves it. I slept on it one night (husband's snoring was just too much!) when she was at college and felt it to be very comfortable. There are so many different name brands now make the memory foam that they probably are similar? Hopefully you'll find one just as comfortable. Good luck. Lynn
      1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
      2000 Partial Rod Removal
      2001 Right Scapular Resection
      12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
      06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

I ordered 2 of the toppers for 69.99 (as gifts ... I already had my own - from Target ... I got it a month before surgery), and one thing I will say is the non-Serta one (can't say about the other) doesn't come with a zip off cover like mine cover. It's handy, but I also paid 2x as much for the topper - and really no discernable difference in the feel after months of use.

That said, both my Mom and my neighbors (the recipients) LOVED the (non- Serta) topper, and simply put it between the mattress cover and bottom sheet. The pillows that come with it are small, but I'm a memory foam freak, and my Mom's not (so I ended up with hers, and find the size PERFECT for certain things!).

Regards,
        Pam (an admitted Overstock.com junkie!)
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
        X