Scoliosis Correction Center in Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Correction Center in Connecticut

Has anyone heard of or tried this program? I am looking into it, but hesitant because it is a lot of money and it is not necessarily recommended by your traditional scoliosis (orthapedic) doctors.

www.scoliosiscorrectioncenter.com

Also, am interested in the Scoliogold program in the UK.

Both programs claim they have very good success in cosmetic and health improvements.

This is one I actually have NOT heard of, but just remember, if it sounds too good to be true ... well, you know ...

These programs come and go ... and as I've said before, if the "cure" was that simple, we'd ALL be cured.

All I'll say to this is "buyer beware": Really examine their claims from a common sense standpoint before you get taken by yet another quack selling snakeoil.

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

I think this is more CLEAR treatment. The guy talks about Drs Morningstar and Woggon, and asserts that the cervical curve is the most important to treat. Read elsewhere on the forum about CLEAR.

Comment

I think it's really bizarre that under "Scoliosis Surgery: The Untold Truth" (duhn, duhn, duhn...sounds like an Unsolved Mysteries Episode) it focuses on the problems with Harrington rods, which from my understanding, haven't been used in quite a few years now.

However, since I do have a Harrington rod, I find the following information on the site scary (particularly the 22 years statements and the fact that they find rust on the rods ). Has anyone ever seen this information anywhere else?

From: http://www.scoliosiscorrectioncenter...toldtruth.html

"Every year in the United States, roughly 20,000 Harrington rod implantation surgeries are performed on patients with scoliosis, at an average cost of $120,000 per operation2. One-third of all spinal surgeries are performed on scoliosis patients. Every year, about 8,000 people who underwent this surgery in their youth for the correction of their scoliosis are legally defined as permanently disabled for the rest of their lives. Even worse, follow-up x-rays performed upon these individuals reveal that, an average of 22 years after the surgery was performed, their scoliosis has returned to pre-operative levels3. The Harrington rods inserted into these individuals’ spines will either bend, break loose from the wires, or worse, break completely in two, necessitating further surgical intervention and removal of the rod. Once the rod is removed, corrosion (rust) is found on two out of every three4. After the operation is performed, the average patient suffers a 25% reduction in their spinal ranges of motion5. "
        - 39 years old
        - At age 14, curve progressed from 45 degrees to 62 degrees in two months.
        - Surgery in 1990 at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) with Dr. Letts. Fused T5 to L2. Corrected to about 30 degrees.
        - Harrington rod
        - Herniated disc - L5/S1 - January 2008. Summer 2009 - close to making a full recovery.
        - New mommy as of February 2011
        - Second child - September 2013
        - Staying relatively painfree through physio exercises!

Comment

Working...
        X