Sleepnig problems!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepnig problems!?!

Hi, I am a 28 year old mom of two and have been dealing with my back problems for about 8 years now. Recently though when sleeping on my side I have noticed that my hips rub on my ribs while sleeping. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what are you doing to help the pain?Help, Anyone?

i to deal with my right hip touching my ribs. i cant give an acurate answer to it but i think as you slowly start to curve over as i say your hip and ribs seem to touch. but what happens if it gets worse is something i dont know. i need to ask my doc that question. but what i do is lay on my back wich is hard to do for me or i rotate on the opposite side of my curve. but yet it may make it hard for you tyo breath well. definatly ask your doc. god bless.

Comment

pain while sleeping

Hi there,

I'm also 28 and began having a similar sensation last year. Not as bad as you, I think--when lying on one side it just felt as if the low edge of my ribcage was sticking into me, very close to the hips.

In my case, I have a large S curve and this was one thing that made me realise my curve might be progressing in adulthood (it is). I stopped sleeping on that side to avoid the sensation, but I'd see the doc if I were you to check out the cause of pain.

Sorry not to be more help!
      Good luck--Laura
      30y/o
      Upper curve around 55
      Lower curve around 35

Comment

What has helped for me, and hopefully will for you too: First I obtained a firm matress. Since I cannot sleep on my back due to the pain, I too have to sleep on my side. The firm matress hurt my hips. So, I got a thick (four inches) medium firm, foam pad to put on the matress. That helped, but my hips still hurt. That led to a second foam pad over the first. My hips are fine now and I can sleep on either side. Problem is that the foam tends to take a set and get depressed such that after a while I have to favor one side or the other. Perhaps a more expensive foam would not do that. Anyway, softer has been helpful for me, not firmer.

Comment

Working...
        X