Crazy dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy dreams

so since I made the decision to go with Dr. N on Oct. 15th, I have been relatively calm (for me). But I guess this stuff is weighing on my mind. I had the crazziest dream last night that I was talking to the Dr. before the operation, and he said that in order to get my back to heal, he would have to remove my SECURITY GLANDS.

BWHAAHAAHAAHAA!!! Can you tell I work in IT? I must be out of my freaking mind. I'm still laughing about it now. I usually don't remember most of my dreams, but this one was a doozie.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

LOL... Poor Debbie... its funny but its poignant too... You are naturally worried, we all were. Try to let yourself think BEYOND the surgery to the positive life you will have 'on the other side' of recovery.

But thanks for giving me a smile today...

Comment

I had a dream too

I dreamt I woke up at 2:15 am and started cleaning my apartment the morning of surgery. Now, THAT was a nightmare.

Oh wait....I just figured out I'm awake and all my tiffany-like lampshades are sparkling. Hmmmmm this is reminiscent of the afternoon I went into labor and nearly killed myself scrubbing floors before I arrived at the hospital..........

Don't worry Debbei, you don't have any security glands......and if you do, they will be clean.

Susan
      XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

Working...
      X