where are your curves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are your curves?

I just got the report from my daughters X-ray. I will feel better when the othro looks at it or does his own next week,the area of scoliosis seems to be different,maybe because she had her shoes off this time,but the vertebras effected seems to be very small,but enough to make her look a little lopsides. Please give me your thoughts about this..Theres no numbers,just mild and moderate!
    mild levoscoliosis at the T8 level and moderate dextroscoliosis at the T12-L1 level. Spina bifida occulta at the lower lumber and sacral level. Should i be concerned about her having 2?!
    Thank you
    Jennie

Originally posted by borngmama
    Please give me your thoughts about this..Theres no numbers,just mild and moderate! mild levoscoliosis at the T8 level and moderate dextroscoliosis at the T12-L1 level. Spina bifida occulta at the lower lumber and sacral level. Should i be concerned about her having 2?!
    Hi, Jennie ...

As you probably know, the terms dextroscoliosis and levoscoliosis simply refer to curve convexity (which was the curve bends): "dextro" refers to a right curve, and "levo" refers to a left curve.

Without knowing the details, *typically* one or more curve that you see on an x-ray is compensatory. Compensatory curves develop to balance against a structural curve, and often are not even measured. Without throwing too much information at you at onvce, compensatory curves are typified by how the straighten upon opposite bending (I'll be glad to give you more info on that later if you'd like).

It's very common here that people have what looks like 2, or even 3 in my case, curves ... only one of which was structural.

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
    X