8 yr old daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 yr old daughter

my 8 yr old has recently been diagnosed with scoliosis. I looking for physisican in philadelphia area. Been given Dr. Betz, any others that I should know about?

Hi Pam....

I don't know of any other doctors in the Philly area. We've been dealing with doctors at Penn State Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA), but we will be seeing Dr. Randal Betz later this month. A friend of a friend highly recommends Dr. Betz. He did surgery on her daughter several years ago and she is doing wonderfully!

Do you have an appointment with Dr. Betz yet? I know I called in April and couldn't get an appointment with Dr. Betz until July.

I will send you a private message and give you my e-mail address.

Mary Lou

Comment

Mary Lou,
      Thanks, my email is [/email] Pam
      Last edited by pam Gallagher; 07-09-2004, 05:16 PM.

Comment

7 year old niece

Hello Mary Lou,

My 7 year old niece just got diagnosed with juvenile scoliosis. We are desperate to find a doctor, anywhere, who has seen this condition in a child this young. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and there is no doctor here that quailfies. Would you please provide a telephone number and address for Dr. Betz? Has doctor Betz seen a number of patients this young?

Thank you so much,

Leigh Goldstein

Comment

Hi Leigh,

I'm sorry to hear that you will have to travel to find a doctor for your niece. However, I am glad to hear that her family will do whatever needs to be done so that she gets the best care possible.

You asked for Dr. Betz' phone number and address. Here it is: 3551 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140-4131; 215-430-4000. You also asked if Dr. Betz has treated many children this young and that I can't really answer (my daughter is 13). I've met at least one other mom on this forum who's five year old child was treated by Dr. D'Andrea who also works at Shriner's of Philly.

I can tell you that we were very pleased with Dr. Betz. The only reason he didn't do surgery on my daughter was the fact she didn't want to wait and also we were lucky enough to find a doctor at our local Children's Hospital who met all of our requirements.

Best of luck in your search. I know Carmell has responded to your other post. She is a great person who is very knowledgable in Scoliosis in young children.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
          X