excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excited!

hey yall... omg i went to the back docter yesterday n they said that my curve has decreased by 3 degrees in the last 6 monthes. my curves are now 14T, 22L, R2. I'm pretty happy tho bcuz i only have to wear it for about a year and a half more and i can live thru that. then i only have to wear it at night! that means i get it off in the middle of tenth grade! i have a question tho...im only supposed to have my brace off for 6 hours aday but i really really dont want to wear my brace to school since i start 9th grade this yr. unfortunately, school is 8 hours long. what should i do? do i have to wear my brace to school? any tips???

hAdLeY 13, TN
    **~hadley~**

I think its pretty important to stick to the hours the doctor recommended if you want to see a continued decrease in your curvature. If your really wanted to, you could wear the brace for part of school, then remove it, carry it home in a bag, and put it back on at home. That would be a big pain to carry out though. I would suggest just wearing the brace to school and saving those hours for when you go out with friends.
    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
    L2 to T4
    Braced for 4 years
    Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

i have never herd of a school that is 8 hours long! mine is only 6 hours!

sorry that was irrelivent! I agree that you should stick to the given time
      40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

Hey there!

HI my name is Hannah. I get to have mine off for 8 hours a day. I think maybe u should wear your brace to school and take it off at lunch and maybe bring a change of clothes. I am not going to wear my brace to school this comming year. Maybe your doctor would understand if u asked him if u could have it off for a tad longer? U should really check for ur sake! I know exactly how u feel about not wearing it to school. It is a pain in the butt!! And right now i wanna be able to wear cute clothes again!!! I really missed that. But now i can so YAY!!! And soon u will so just wait it out. U'll make it!!! So best of luck. I will be praying for u! If u ever need to talk to me my e-mail is glitzy_ditzy06@yahoo.com so talk to u soon!

Comment

Hey!
          I know how annoying it can be to wear it to school. I can only have my brace off 4 hours, and school is deffinetly longer than 4 hours. I am starting 8th grade next year. My suggestion is: if you really want to, wear your brace then take it off for a couple of periods. Then put it back on and you'll still have like 4 hours of free time. All of my friends are really supportive of me(one of them even goes around punching me (in the brace area) and showing people that it's just an annoying thing I have to wear for a while and I'm not totally wierd, so I don't worry a lot about wearing it to school!
          I would deffinetly only take it off for the ammount of time your doctor has allowed you, and also, it never hurts to wear it more than 18 hours.
          Hope this helps...
          ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
          I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
          I went through 3 Boston Braces
          Original curve~34*
          Curve in 1st Brace~9*
          Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
          Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
          Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Working...
          X