Cold Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed more aches and pains due to cold weather. It is the begining of winter in Australia and the last few days have been cold. ( though I doubt as cold as some places) Yesterday it was 15 degrees celcius. There is a mountain near here where it snows and the wind blows straight off of it into our 'house'. Snow has been forecast in 2 days time. I have a lot of arthritis and joint problems which the cold really affects. Are your backs the same, Should I encourage Amber to keep 'extra' warm?
    I don't want to be worrying over any aches she may have if it's just the cold weather and or wind.
    Cheryl.

I have made many jokes about the cold weather, that the rod's will freeze if it gets too cold (don't worry I'm not serious, I just find it a funny joke). Amber might notice in her back, that it becomes a bit of a cold radar (whether you have lots of clothes on or not), what I mean by this is that she'll "feel" the cold coming, or will feel some aches in her back but nowhere else. I personally have noticed the cold radar, in places where I have had surgery (my back, feet, and ankles), it's not really more or a pain, just a bit of an ache when it gets really cold. Amber may not feel the cold in her back, but if she starts to feel achy, then I would suggest encouraging her to rug up a bit.

Alison

Comment

Amber says that's not fair.
      In a way it's good. I can forecast rain about 4 or 5 days in advance. Last weekend was warm and sunny I said it will rain by the end of the week, everyone laughed, but sure enough it came on Thursday.
      Thanks for your reply.
      How are your studies going?
      Cheryl.

Comment

My studies are going pretty good (thanks for asking :-), doing subjects for the second time (repeating year 12) helps lots with that, cause most of the stuff is easier second time around cause you really know how to do it. It is kind of irkful that we don't get our semester one exams until week eleven (last weeek of school, we are the only school in Perth that hasn't had year 12 exams yet), and we get forty minutes between exams which will make it rather entertaining back wise by eh what can you do. And with all people's time around exams, too much work to do in a very short space of time (if only teachers stopped giving homework just before exams).

MSG for Amber, yep it is pretty not fair to be a weather predictor now, but think now you can tell people the rods will freeze and then they might melt (sorry I have a weird sense of humour, but I like to see the shock on people's faces when I tell them stuff like that :-)

Alison

Comment

Good luck with your exams. I think you have a great sense of humour.
          Cheryl.

Comment

In the 28 years since surgery I can't say that my back has ever been effected by the weather.

Comment

Maybe it is a personal thing, something that some feel, some don't.
              I don't know what texas weather is like. Our cold here is usually damp. Maybe that has something to do with it.
              Thanks.
              Cheryl.

Comment

I can always tell when the weather changes, because my arm/hand/nose hurt where I've had broken bones. I'm guessing it is going to be the same with that and the rods. They hurt because they are sensitive to the pressure changes. I do the same thing by telling people that it is going to rain and they dont belive me, then it rains. It can also hurt in airplanes and when you go to high altitudes. I know that is true with broken bones, but I asume it is the same with the rods. I always watch the weather chanel to check myself. Anyways Ive rambled enough.
                Much Love
                Annie

Comment

Working...
                X