Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Hi,

Could anyone help me with this? I feel kinda jealous that my friends can wear cute tops form stores that I used to shop at (like Wet Seal) but can't anymore. My clothes are from places like Old Navy and are SO much bigger than they used to be. Do you all feel like that? Please help.

Kayla
    Last edited by Kaybabii326; 06-13-2004, 06:17 PM.
    K*a*y

Thoraic Lumbar Support Orthosis (TLSO)
    40 degrees thoraic
    30 degrees lumbar

its ok!

omg...i feel exactly like that! i hate not being able to wear all the clothes i used to and having all my friends wear really cute stuff, i get so0o0o jealous! ive been able to find other longer cute stuff tho from like delias and other places....yea, its never gonna be the stuff i usedta wear but you can still wear stretch jeans, sweatshirts, tshirts, and some cute stuff n no one is able to even tell your wearin a brace! oh and also....skirts are great cuz your shirts dont have to be AS long cuz like ur butt like isnt visible or w/e! but juss dont worry about it cuz u will find cute stuff u can wear WITH ur brace. n also i have 6 hours evry day when i dont have to wear my brace so that when i go out n do fun stuff n i can actually wear all the really adorable stuff!! good luck....

hAdLeY 13, TN
    **~hadley~**

Comment

hello

hi my name is Hannah. I feel the same way! All my friends can wear really cute stuff and i feel like i can't. But i do all that i can so i look good and cute in my clothes. But i have like 2 seperate wardrobes lol. One when i wear my brace and one when im not! So it all works out lol! And soon enough u will be out of the darn thing! I have had it for 3 years and just today i had an app. and he said i could have it off for 8 hours a day. SO all my days over stressing and wearing it i get to have it off basically whenever i am out of the house. So believe me u'll live through it! LOL and i am sure u'll find some clothes that make u look just as cute. and omgosh sometimes do u guys get brace butt? its like where u brace pushes ur butt and makes it look really weird. I hate it!!! errrr. but i am glad i don't have to wear it in public anymore lol! SO my solution was kinda longer t-shirts to cover about half my butt. So maybe that'll help yas! k i am gonna go write back sometime! My e-mail is glitzy_ditzy06@yahoo.com any of ya'll can e-mail me if u need to talk about anything!!!!

Comment

Kay!
        I agree with you! Urg.... Darn. o well, um, if you can fit in juniors cloths, koles has some that are somewhat cute and a little tight but not too tight!
        ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
        I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
        I went through 3 Boston Braces
        Original curve~34*
        Curve in 1st Brace~9*
        Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
        Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
        Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Working...
        X