Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes

Hey!!!

I've been wearing a brace for 6 months and all of the sudden right where my screws are give me tiny holes in my shirt. Also wear do u get shirts long enough for ur brace?????????????????

keeda!!

clothes

hi!
    i had the same problem with my brace. what my mom did is to put pads made out of old, soft socks on the back of my brace, covering the buckles (i had buckles to close it, with prongs that would tear my shirts) - attached with velcro. it did a good job and prevented even more shirts from being ruined.

good luck!
    AZ

Comment

Umm.... When I had a brace I just got baggy shirts and they where most likely pretty long.

Have u heard of ASCO scoliosis treatment?

Comment

Are we talking about shirts to wear under the brace? Why would a regular shirt worn over the brace not be able to cover it?
        Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
        L2 to T4
        Braced for 4 years
        Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

No, I was talking about under the brace. If u have baggy shirts that are long it goes under easier. When I used to wear a brace and I wore long (not that long) shirts I could pull it straight under my brace, but with a short shirt it becomes harder.

Comment

hey, how many degrees is your curve? this goes out to every 1
            40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

About the shirts - where ever you went to have your brace made will most likely sell shirts to wear under it. They are long and tight so you don't have any wrinkles. They also have special extensions that go over the plastic by your armpit to protect the skin there. I have had both thick and thin versions of these.

My curve & other info is in my signature.
              Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
              L2 to T4
              Braced for 4 years
              Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

hey yea my brace always ends up tearing up my bed sheets cuz the little pokey things always come undone and tear um. it sucks. maybe ill try that sock thing, but then wouldnt the socks like show from the back of your shirt. also...i found a way to wrap the straps like round to eachother in a way so that they arent like poking from the back of my shirt. its hard to explain but i guess evryone has to figure a way to do it themselves.
                **~hadley~**

Comment

hello

Hey everybody! I put bandaids over the tiny screws. Its worth a try!!! And its easy! so i hope that helps u!

Comment

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the screws. I guess I just had a different kind of brace, or maybe it was made differently.
                    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                    L2 to T4
                    Braced for 4 years
                    Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

I wear the Boston TLSO Brace; 3 velcro straps attached to
                      the plastic brace with screws.

Comment

I used to wear a boston brace too. Are your straps in the back or the front? Mine were in the front - maybe thats the difference.
                        Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                        L2 to T4
                        Braced for 4 years
                        Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

OK
                          Only one of my shirts has holes in it from the brace. Maby it's because the shirt is pretty thin.
                          For shirts under the brace: I buy tank tops from old navy, koles, and walmart to wear under the brace.
                          For shirts over the brace: I get shirts 1 size to big and they cover the brace. I get them at koles, old navey, walmart, gap, and since i'm tiney, occasionaly from the children's place... there are a lot of stores! I'm sure you can find one to buy cloths from.
                          ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
                          I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
                          I went through 3 Boston Braces
                          Original curve~34*
                          Curve in 1st Brace~9*
                          Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
                          Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
                          Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Thanks guys!!!!

i tried the band-aid idea and it worked!!!! holes are still getting through but not as bad!!! i just started shopping at Areopostale and their clothes fit great!!!! (don't get baby tees they r to thin)

thanks again!!!

keeda

Comment

Working...
                            X