Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!

Hi Guys.

I'm nearly 5 months post op and thought i was doing really well until i woke up sunday morning with pain in my right thigh. I remember having this sort of pain with my left leg straight after surgery....

The pain is only when i walk or lift my leg and its like if i push on my lower back it triggers it off, especially when im in bed and go to roll over or stretch that triggers it aswell. The pain isn't stopping me from doing things but its quiet annoying. It's only in the front of the thigh to the outside of my thigh.

Can aybody help me????

Thank
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

I had that when my nerves were waking up in the months after surgery. Actually, it's 5 years since my revision and I am still having nerves wake up from numbness. It's normal healing. Sometimes this healing is manifested by an itch under the skin that's unscratchable. Only Tylenol helps.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

hello Leelee-

I have had the same kind of thigh pain since I woke up from surgery, but it is slowwwly getting better. I am glad it is not hampering your daily life too badly. I try to massage the front and side of my thigh everyday to encourage blood flow to those nerves, maybe it would help you, too....Lisa
      Lisa age 47
      T curve 69 degrees
      L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
      fused to from T-3 to sacrum
      anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
      pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Working...
      X