pedicure and surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedicure and surgery

Will they make me take off my toe nail polish before surgery? Cause if they do I don't want to pay money for a pedicure this week.

You can see I'm handling all the crucial last minute details.
    Age 33
    40 degree diagnosed 1993; 70ish degree 2007
    Fusion to T9 to L5 October 3, 2007 with Dr. Kurt Von Rueden
    Corrected to 8 degrees

You should have received pre-op instructions. You definately won't be able to wear toe nail polish so cancel that appt..

Comment

You can keep the appointment and just get clear put on. This is a time to pamper yourself and relax a little if you can! I went in with a french manicure and clear on my toes.
      Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
      Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
      Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
      Fused T2 to sacrum
      June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

This thread made me smile. It is good to occupy your thoughts with things such as these. Week 3 after my surgery, my mother-in-law came to visit and brought supplies and polish to give me a pedicure at home. It was the best. Even though you can't wear toenail polish in surgery, definitely try to get someone to give you a pedicure at home post-op (or at least rub your feet or put on nail polish). Little things like that can make your day when you're recovering.

Good luck,
        Anya
        "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
        Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
        19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

I was allowed to wear (colored) nail polish but did it myself. I was going to get a pedicure but decided not to, I thought in case I get nicked or cut I didn't want to take a chance and get an infection going into surgery.

Sue

Comment

I wore red polish and nobody said a word about it.....
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

They made me leave one toenail unpolished so they could check it...I picked what I thought was the prettiest one to be bare...... yeah,right! I also was afraid to have a pedicure, manicure, etc, for fear I would get cut and infected... I am SO glad to hear there are others like me... Lisa
              Lisa age 47
              T curve 69 degrees
              L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
              fused to from T-3 to sacrum
              anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
              pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

I went for a hair cut ten days after the surgery!!
                w/curves of 75 degrees Fused T2-L3 in 1999 at Age 14, Fine job done by Dr. Paul Sponseller at John Hopkins Medical - Baltimore, Maryland.

Comment

Shegiles,

I got a pedicure the week before my surgery and had dark nail polish put on. I remeber worrying that I would wake up from surgery and it would be gone but....My toes were still painted! I think it all depends on the Doctors.

-Christine
                  Surgery completed July, 2007
                  Fused from T4-T12
                  23years old

Comment

Working...
                  X