Before and After Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After Pictures

OK, Here are my before and after pics! I haven't gotten the degree of my new back, but it looks pretty damn straight!
    Sonia
    58*
    Surgery 6/29/07
    T3-L4

Looks excellent. I hope to post my x-rays soon too.

Best,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow! Looks great - congrats. Nice necklace, too
      As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

yay!!!!

It looks great, Sonia !!! what a great correction you got!! thanks for posting your xrays. How's the recovery going? Do you have some actual pictures too?
        Lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

I've had a text book recovery, really. Yesterday was 6 weeks and I've been at work for 2, and feel great. I'm still swollen in my lower back and sore a bit, but considering the surgery, I'm doing very well.

I have an actual back pic before my surgery and then right after. I hate the pic taken right after,though, because I was VERY swollen and I think I look chunky, hahaha. Also you can see my steristrips (sp?) and I want to wait to show everyone my back as it will be (minus swelling, steristrips..)

Anyway, I will post actual pics soon on this thread!
          Sonia
          58*
          Surgery 6/29/07
          T3-L4

Comment

My Gosh, Sonia!

You were only off one month???? Good Lord, that's better than textbook recovery !!! You are extraordinarily lucky and doing everything right! I am so happy for you, and can't wait to see your pics- you must be a youngster, or else, you heal like one! I damned sure could not return to work at a month, still can't! Keep up the good work Lisa
            Lisa age 47
            T curve 69 degrees
            L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
            fused to from T-3 to sacrum
            anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
            pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

I had the same reaction - back to work in 4 weeks??? If wishes were horses I would certainly ride! I don't have a job to go back to (my choice to quit) but I did get a call the other day from a colleague asking if I were available for freelance work and I reluctantly had to say no. I'm not even CLOSE to getting back to work. Yes, you must be a youngster! Good on ya!
              FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
              10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
              8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
              5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
              2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
              3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Wow, it does look really great! Did you have titanium or stainless steel? There seems to be lots of reflection, so I was wondering.
                Your attitude about all of this has been inspiring.
                31 year old female
                55* (day of surgery) thoracic curve w/compensatory lumbar
                T4-T12 on Aug 15, 2007

MRI, pre-surgery
                Xray, 3 mos. post-op
                Machu Picchu, 8 mos. post-op

Comment

Question

I had a thoracic curve of 41 and was fused from t6-t12 on 06/19/07. My doctor is Dr. Lieberman at the Cleveland Clinic. Well, after surgery I still have my rib hump. It's not super big, but enough to bother me when being in a hard chair or on the floor. Like many other people with scoliosis I know it's there too. I asked the doc about a thoracoplasty and he is was trying to tell me not to have it. He was telling me about different pains that some people have gained after thoracoplasties. If any similar long term pain experiences please let me know about them.

Comment

Congratulations Sonia,

What a great correction and recovery you have had!!! Thank you for sharing it with everyone here. I'm SO happy for you!!!

You are a prime example of encouragement to anyone considering having this surgery. What a wonderful service you have done!!!

Shari

Comment

Geo,
                      I'm all titanium! I call it my 'bling bling'!

And to all you talking about my age, yes, I'm 25, so I am a youngster! I was very lucky too, because I had little pain before my surgery. My flexability was excellent too, so it was a little scary to go into surgery when I wasn't even in any pain. But after being on this forum, I realized that I needed to nip this in the butt before things got worse, which they most certianly would have had I not gone into surgery.

Still waiting on new photos, but I will post them soon (along with my sliced thru tattoo!)
                      Sonia
                      58*
                      Surgery 6/29/07
                      T3-L4

Comment

Congratulations

Your back is very well now!! Your doctor must be proud.

Comment

That's an amazing after picture!!! I bet you feel great being straight! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                          X