Here are 2 of 3 of my before and after x rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are 2 of 3 of my before and after x rays

Sorry it's taken me so long to resize these- I rode home Thursday several hours by car, and found it sure helps to take frequent bathroom breaks- I have much to pass on to you all, especially rehab stuff, ( I had a blast !) I am proud of Dr. Hostin in Dr, Shelokov's office- he really did a good job... God Bless and thanks to all of you for the kind welcome back posts ! Lisa I have one more better view of the frontal x ray to post as soon as I resize it....
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Here is 3 of 3

I will write more later after a short nap- those darn cold, dripping sweats !!! take care Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees

Comment

Wow, great x-rays!

Lisa,
      Your after looks great! Congratulations on your nice new straight back! I was 47 when I had my surgery last year and realize how much courage it takes to get this done at our age. Give yourself lots of time to heal--it will all be worth it!

Deb
      posterior surgery 7/24/06
      for T77, L72 curves
      T5 to L5

Comment

Wow,

That's a great correction!!! Congratulations!!!

Shari

Comment

Thanks, folks !

That sure is salve on my 47 year old heart to hear all those encouraging words... so far so good....Lisa
          Lisa age 47
          T curve 69 degrees

Comment

Fabulous! I wish you a speedy recovery and a pain-free future. LYNN
            1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
            2000 Partial Rod Removal
            2001 Right Scapular Resection
            12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
            06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

x-rays

wow your x-rays look great how do you feel i'm 52 and have 85 degree curve and scared
              Last edited by curve52; 06-20-2007, 01:46 PM.

Comment

These are great pics. I have not met Dr. Hostin but looks like he did a wonderful job. Dr. Shelokov did mine in Dec. I am doing great and know you will also. Just remember it gets better day by day. Each little milestone is a blessing and then one day you are back to "normal".
                Linda G.

Comment

I am doing very well, Curve52

Originally posted by curve52
                  wow your x-rays look great how do you feel i'm 52 and have 85 degree curve and scared

I was darned scared too...I think I am recovering well because i studied everything I could here and read probably every thread on this forum to help me to realize that many unusual things can occur, complications can occur, BUT, there are ways to get around the possible roadblocks we might encounter. Stories of hope and success are and overcoming obstacles are so good for our morale, and it helps you to realize that others have had the same path. I'll be glad to help you in any way I can!! Love Lisa
                  Lisa age 47
                  T curve 69 degrees

Comment

thankx lisa

ok now i see how it works thankx lisa and i hope you well soon

Comment

Lisa(crepehanger)
                      I don't check as much & sorry I missed wishing you well before your surgery. I am happy for you that all went well. I am also 47 & had mine done last August at 46. Best of luck as you go onin your recovery. Every month will see you stronger! Lynne

fused T-11 to L-5...

Comment

thank you all again for the encouragement!

Kind words sure help !!! I wish you all the same success !!! Lisa
                        Lisa age 47
                        T curve 69 degrees

Comment

Looking good!

Hey Lisa!

Thanks for sharing the pics! The correction is outstanding! Like some, I don't get around to the forum too often, but it's always great to hear success stories when I do. I haven't met Dr. Hostin, yet. I'm sure I will when I'm in for my annual follow-up in October. Dr. S. did my surgery in '04 and did a remarkable job! Keep up the good work on the PT. I believe working hard on PT was the key to my recovery. To this day I continue to work out with a personal trainer just to stay in shape.

Hang in there! Each day will present a new challenge, but will reveal new accomplishments as well. Sounds like you are doing a remarkable job. Keep up the good work!
                          Laurie
                          Grapevine Texas
                          Anterior/Posterior Surgery T2-S1 in April 2004
                          Dr. Alexis Shelokov, Plano Texas
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Life should not be measured by the number of breaths we take,
                          but by the number of moments that take our breath away

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks sweet pea!

Good to hear from another Dr. Shelokov patient, especially one that has done so well ! thanks for the words of encouragement, it sure helps on those recovery days when we feel bad! thanks for writing- Lisa
                            Lisa age 47
                            T curve 69 degrees

Comment

Working...
                            X