going back june 11th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going back june 11th!

very soon actually and i`m pretty anxious to see what happened.

if its the same or better then i just keep on wearing my brace.

but im close to surgery. so if it gets worse then thats where im going to head off too.

scared? confused? suggestions?
    i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Hi heather... thats soo cool.. i also have my next appointment on june 11th..
    im also scared, but anxious to see what happenes. I'm also close to surgury but now im trying everything possible not to be close to surgury.I wonder how my curves have changed over 7 1/2 months... Wish you all the best luck!!
    My name is Rotem
    I am 13 and in 7th grade
    Started with 2 curves:
    34º Therotical
    50º Lumber
    I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
    Got my 1st on Nov. '06
    Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
    Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
    and im still trying to get used to it
    Hoping I won't need surgery
    I live in South Florida
    3rd check on November 17,2007,
    Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
    30º Theoratical
    37º Lumber
    4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

ScoliosisGirl,

Who made your Cheaneau brace? They are not very common in the US, but a standard treatment in Europe.
      I wish you the very best on your appt June 11th. My husband and I will have been married 25 years that day. My daughter wears the Spinecor. She is 11. The Boston brace didn't correct her curve even 1 degree. I had to go a different direction. I considered the Cheaneau, but it was not readily available, and I could find very little research in English to read on it.
      It sounded like a fantastic brace. I hope you have achieved some correction with it or at least held your ground.

Hugs,

Mrs. Linder
      God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

thankyou;; and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
        i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

Working...
        X