Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone Grafts

Hi all!
    I had spinal fusion surgery February 4th for a single upper curve at 48 degrees. Recently, my knees have been really sore because every time I need to pick something up I have to squat. I also know that squatting is really hard on the tendons in you knees.

I am not able to bend my back yet, and its still difficult to bend at the hip. Does anyone have any suggestions on less painful ways to pick things up???
    Last edited by dapsbounce8; 05-20-2004, 05:42 PM.
    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
    L2 to T4
    Braced for 4 years
    Surgery 2/4/04

A medical supply store..look in the yellow pages or call your surgeon's office,will have a "picker-upper". That isn't the offical name, but I don't know what they are called. Anyhow they are a life saver. I can pick up socks off the floor, or reach an get a cereal box down from the shelf that is above my head. Your insurance my also pay for it, since it is a medical necessity.
    SandyC
    SandyC

Comment

I know what Sandy was talking about. If you can't get one maybe you could try reshaping a wire coathanger into a long hook, or grabing hold of things with your toes and lifting up and grab from behind. That will only work with some things though. Hope I helped.
      Cheryl.

Comment

Working...
      X