Hospital Appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital Appointment

Hey there, I was just up at the hospital today, seeing a Orthopethic (Sorry I cant spell) Doctor and basically he just confirmed what I knew, I have scoliosis.

But what he did say that it was quite noticable and that if I was 13 or 14 I would need surgery. I still may need surgery, but he wasnt sure, I now have to wait about 1 month to get an appointment with 1 of the surgeons (there is only 2 in Ireland) and from there I will see what will happen, I will need more x-rays and stuff and from there he will decicde whether I need surgery or not. I have been told that he is an excellent Doctor, so thats good.

I didnt get my previous x-ray results from 2months ago...Mr wray (the guy who I saw today) didnt have them, so he didnt know the curve measurement. O well, I will keep you all updated....cya
    ~*Abbi*~

Abbi - I'm glad you had a good visit with the ortho today. It would be nice if you could learn some details (like the degree of curve you have, etc.) but at least you know that you are not alone. I hope you feel good about it. Thanks for the update.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
    X