Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Lytton Williams/Los Angeles

Hi Everyone-
    I have a scheduled surgery with Dr. Williams coming up next month. I was referred to him by two other surgeons who spoke highly of him.

The two visits I had with him were very brief and he is a man with few words. Does anyone have any experience with him? On the two appointments I had, we had to wait 3 hours to see him and we only spoke to him for 10 minutes! He did say that I should have had my surgery done a long time ago.

I am very worried and anxious because in addition to the severe scoliosis, I also have severe myoclonus (muscle spasms) and I am on many anti-seizure medications.

My scoliosis was a result of my illness in July of 2003. I had a 103.5 fever and went into seizures. They had to put me into a drug induced coma for around 60 days and rehab for another 30 days. After I woke up I lost my short-term memory due to the brain-damage caused by the seizures.

I would really appreciate any feedback from anyone who's had a spinal-fusion with myoclonus. Dr. Williams told me that would not go away because it is caused from the the brain damage but I'm afraid my back will worse off after the surgery. Right now it has progressed from 40 degrees to 60 degrees between 2003 to 2005 and my spine is also torqued.

I am in pain every day and I cannot even hug my children or pick them up.

(By the way, I have tried out many physical therapists, acupuncture, massages. Nothing has worked for me.)

Thank you for any input!
Working...
X