Rude Office Beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Office Beware!!!

ARRRGGGGHHH!! I am relatively new to town, and I went on the internet and found a Dr. O'Neill, in Bluffton, OH, who supposedly (and probably does) specialize in Scoliosis. He is on my insurance plan, and I phoned the number in the insurance book and set up an app't with him. I had to wait a month for the app't, because he "only does Scoliosis clinics on Saturday mornings." OK, whatever. And the "only app't open is on Sat., May 15, at 7:10 AM." His office did not call and confirm the app't the day before. Also, I never received anything in the mail from him about the upcoming app't with address or time or anything, so I figured that I would go to the app't as scheduled, to the address listed, corresponding to the phone number I called.

I usually don't get up until 7:00 or after, but I figured that if this is the time available, I will take it. I knew it involved getting up at about 5:30, and leaving the house at 6:30. I woke up in the middle of the night at 2:30 a.m., and once thereafter, afraid I was going to sleep through the alarm and miss the app't.

Yes, I did wake up on time. I drove to the address listed in my insurance book, next to the phone number I called., to this town I'd never been to before, about 25-30 minutes away. I went to the address listed, and lo and behold, no Dr. O'Neil. The lady at the desk mentioned that *one* dr. from his practice does come there on Mondays. This receptionist at this health center was very friendly to me, and offered to call the practice where Dr. O'Neil was at, which was about 10 -15 more minutes away. When I talked with his receptionist and told her the dilemma, she put me on hold to ask his assistant if I could still be seen. She told me no, that I would need to reschedule, that he is "not going to be around much longer this morning."

I am so angry, I could scream! I woke up early, drove all that way, and then the dr. wouldn't see me?! OK, maybe it wasn't his fault that his entire practice and associates are listed at this address, but seeing that it wasn't *my* fault that it was listed this way, and that I'd made the effort to come out, you'd think that he would be somewhat compassionate and have me come in anyways. At this point, it was only 7:30 in the morning, not like it was noon or something. And it was a Saturday.

When I got back home, I called the office again, this time speaking directly to the assistant. And, to make matters worse, she acted condescending to me, calling me, "Hon." "Well, hon, we can reschedule you in June..." ARRGGGH! I'm not her *hon* and especially not after the way I was treated today!!! I hate that!!!! I said, "No, hon, I'm not rescheduling!!"

I can't stand it when dr.'s think that their schedules are important, and the patients' are not. They sometimes forget that *we* are their *employers*.

Oh well, at least I feel better now that I've got this "off my back" <gg>

dsal

edited to correct the spelling of his name
    Last edited by dsal; 05-15-2004, 07:40 AM.

Doctors like that give good docs a bad name! Hopefully you'll find a different doctor that will give you the time of day. If he's that bad with schedules and such how bad would he be for surgery and such? I think you got away lucky!

Comment

dsal,
      Thats bad how he woundn't see you. That would be very frustating!

Anyway, on what you said about the assistant, alot of people say that at that is just the way the are. It isn't her fault that the doctor woundn't see you so I don't think you should get upset at her.

Comment

Working...
      X