Hi, Im new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Im new

Hey there, Im new here at this form, so I thought I would introduce myself. Well my name is Abigail (Abbi for short) I am 17 years old and live in Ireland.
    I was diganosed w/scoliosis about 2 months ago and I am waiting to go and see an orthopethic (spelling) next wed. (May 19th)Where I will be getting my x-ray results.
    ~*Abbi*~

Welcome Abbi!

Comment

Welcome Abbi! Glad you've joined!!

Comment

hey abbi welcome to the site!! if you have any questions you can email me at LilCutiPie_07@yahoo.com ....wow, thats awsome that you live in ireland...oh by tha way...im 15, live n texas and yeah...if you EVER just wanna talk or have any questions, just email me! gud luk with tha results!
        much <3
        ~*ellen*

curves before and after surgery*oct6 03*
        before--51 and 21
        after--15 and 14

Comment

WOW that was aggggesss ago!!!! sorry I havent posted!!! umm well A LOT has happened since then! I saw a surgeon in Sept and found out I have two curves of 80 degress!!!

and well I saw him today.....and I posted this on spinekids....so I will just copy and paste it lol ------>

ok well I just got back there....and it sucks big time
          We arrived about 5mins early as usual but had to wait ONE HOUR to see Mr Hamilton....cos he had a major backlog! When we finally got to see him he was so lovely about everything (man I love my surgeon....he is so random and funny) well anyways he said my MRI scan was good....no problems there....but then he started talking about the surgery

I swear this sucks but like he said that we are looking at several months to have this surgery.....and its unlikely that we will have it before Christmas.....so we are maybe looking at about Jan or Feb. 2006!!!!!
          So that means I have another year of pain

I am going to be having posterior surgery *I think* he didnt actually say that....but he did say about my fusion....and it sucks....its such a long one.....all I will be left with is two discs unfused....so he said I will be straighter but stiffer! so I think I will be fused from T3-L4
          ugggghh....man, this sucks! I have so many unanswered Qs in my head that I should have asked him but didnt....I wont have any flexibility.....uggh

he talked about risks and my mum is very scared know that she knows them,.....she cired on the way home about all of this! Im not scared tho I just want it over with!!

He talked about Pain relief, and that they have this new thing....like they used to give patients a PCA, but now its kinna like an epidural thing....were they have a system which delivers pain relief for you, at the bottom of your spine. (there is only three spinal units in the UK that have this) this of course carries risks...and he said if I don't want it, its fine!

He asked me what my hobbies where...and I said I didnt really have many, just reading, computers, walks, keep fit type stuff. And so he told me that post op I wont b able to do stuff like rowing or major contact sports EVER AGAIN!!

umm....I'm trying to remember all he said.....oh yeah, he said something about if the fusion didnt work or something about an infection or something (I dunno im getting all confussed) but I may need another surgery in 20yrs if It doesnt work...I dunno!!!

Well I think I hyped myself up too much....thinking that I could have it done in June! I will be seeing him again nearer the time for pre op tests and to speak to the anaetheitist (sp?) and spinal nurse....we r to call in like 3months or something to see where I am on the list!!!

Man this sucks!!!!!!
          ~*Abbi*~

Comment

Hey Abbi! It is Lauren form spinekids! I already posted this on spinekids too but I will say it again. I will be praying for you. I know you are such a strong person Abbi, and when you have your op, everything is going to go just fine. Remeber that God is watching over you. I will be praying for you
            ~*Lauren*~
            Braced for 5 months
            Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
            Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
            Surgery on April 26th 2005
            Fused from T3-L4
            Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

Working...
            X