Eastern Ohio/Western Pennsylvania area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Ohio/Western Pennsylvania area

Does anyone have experience with any doctors in these areas, particularly Dr. Patrick Riley (Akron Children's) or Dr. Timothy Ward (Pittsburgh Children's), any information would be highly appreciated.

I see another doc in the same system that Dr. Ward is in and I have heard only good things about him. Childrens Hosp. in Pittsburgh is tops.

Comment

I have no experience with the Docs in that area but if you are looking for quality childrens care I recommend Shriners in Philly. I am not sure how far you are but the quality of care they give children is worth the travel.

The physician team led by Dr. Randal Betz not only gives children amazing cutting edge care they do it with real honest sincerity and compassion. The Drs/PAs/Nurses all take the time to get to know the child and do everthing in their power to be sure the child is comfortable and completely at ease. From a parents stand point when our children are at ease so are we. My daughter actually looks forward to her Dr visits @ Shriners.

We travel to Philly from Texas and are so grateful to have found Shriners Philadelphia we couldn't be happier.

Just something for you to consider.

Amanda
      Amanda

Mom to Lorena 7 yrs old
      Diagnosed 8/2005 ~ 26 Degree Curve
      Progressed to 42 Degrees by Dec 05
      Milwakee Brace 1/16/06 - 6/26/06
      Vertebral Stapling on 6/26/06 @ Shriners in Philadelphia
      26 Degree Post Op Curve
      Last X-Rays December 07 ~ 26 Degree Curve
      Email: domingo_amandapompa@msn.com
      YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GmX3K7FIs

Comment

Shriner's

Well, we are about 12 hrs or so from Philly -- although I am considering that due to all the high recommendations I have read on these forums. We have been watching my daughter's curves worsen for about 4 years now, she's had 2 different braces. Currently she measures 53 T and 47 L, and her doctor is recommending surgery, sooner than later. Her curves significantly worsened in the last 6 months. We really like her current doctor, but do want the best for her. I have concerns about traveling that far for the surgery, she is in 6th grade, and we were hoping to do it during school rather than the summer. Her school would provide tutoring with her current teachers. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Comment

Doctor in Cleveland, OH

I had spinal fusion surgery in 1995 and 1996 with Dr. Alan Gurd at the Cleveland Clinic. His son also practices there. They are the most wonderful doctors and I would recommend them to anyone. If you need a very skillful doctor who you can literally trust with your life, or your child's, he is it. And since you are looking in Akron or PA, Cleveland isn't that much farther away.

Hope this helps,
          Laura Adams
          ladams9200@yahoo.com

Comment

I'm deleting this post because I just realized I responded to a very old one--my post is no longer relevant.
            Last edited by WNCmom; 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X