hip pain seeking advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hip pain seeking advice

I am 27 and currently living in Spain under their National Health service. After months of pain in my left hip I went to the doctors. I was X-rayed and told that i have scoliosis. I was given a 3 min appointment and was told that this is somthing I have had since my teens. I am taking mylostan daily for the pain which has lessened slightly but am not happy about having it for the rest of my life. I have only just found out that curves are measured in degrees - but from looking at my X-ray I would not say it is as severe as the pain I am experiencing! I feel that my doctor was very unsympathetic and am thinking about saving up and going private if there is something that can be done. Does this problem generally get worse? Why now at 27? My doctor has given me a repeat prescription and hasnīt asked me to go back for check-ups. Awaiting your advice......

Hi,

This is kind of hard ...If you work for a health org...Are U seeing there doctors?..Is there anyway U can come back to the states to get evaluated? Can U excercise the hip area...do U need physcial threapy? It may be very expensive to lay out the money to see a private doctor..I would do as they say and if the pain does not go away then think about pain management and excercise
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Comment

You might consider some very easy isometric excercises to slowly strengthen your back. With back problems I have learned that keeping your abdominal muscles strong is very important as they support your back. I have heard that there is an exercise therapy called scroth availible in Europe. It is most likely expensive but looking into it would be worthwhile. Scroth focuses on strengthening the weak muscles in your back to balance muscle tone out. Many people have had good luck with it.

I have also had hip pain, I had the good grace to fall down the stairs a yr ago, I have found that stretching has relieved the pain a lot! Whatever you do, do it slowly at first. If it causes a great deal of muscle pain cut back. The idea is to slowly strengthen the muscles so that the pain is eased. Good luck, let us know how things are!

Comment

Thanks to both Connie and Mary for your replies. I have booked another appointment with my doctor, and hope he will be able to spend a little more time with me and answer my questions. I have been told that the 3 min appointments are the norm here in Spain and you never really get anywhere unless you pay for private health care. However I shall try!! Thanks again.

Comment

Sugs,
          I am in this treatment called ASCO scoliosis treatment. They train the bones to hold the spine. If your interested the website is scoliosistreatment.com!

Try to see what degrees you have.

Comment

Working...
          X