please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me

I am 35 years old w/ 4 kids. I have my scoliosis since I was 13 years old but my mother did not brought me to the doctor because of the fear of surgery and the amount of it. Now I went to an orthopedist just recently and told me I have a 70 degree scoliosis curve and surgery will not help my back straighten only 10 degrees will be corrected w/c is very painful for me to hear. And much worse they told me that when I got old because of the manifestation of getting old and the bone is olso getting old there might be a possibility that my back will get worse. I would like to have a brace to control the curve but the doctor told me it won't help. I'm confused, please help me what option can I have.

Anna,

I'm very interested in communicating with you 'cause I came from the Philippines now living in the U.S. Please email me at rosesharon4065@hotmail.com. Would be glad to hear from you.

Lily

Comment

Anna,

Surgury is not the way to fix this problem, nor are braces. There are non-surgical solutions that actually work.

Please spend some time reading my articles at www.tinaariston.com - I have done a lot of research into this condition.

You can contact me via that page if you would like my help.

Wishing you success in all good things,

TINA ARISTON
      Tina Ariston
      www.tinaariston.com

Comment

anna,
        Have u heard of ASCO scoliosis treatment?

Comment

Why would only ten degrees be corrected? This seems like a very low number, and it doesn't really make sense. Have you seen other doctors for a second opinion?
          Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
          L2 to T4
          Braced for 4 years
          Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

I've heard that if a curve is lower than 10 degrees it isn't scoliosis.

Comment

The curve isn't below 10 degrees. I believe that Anna was told that her curve could only be reduced by 10 degrees.
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda: I think thats what she meant. But I don't understand why the correction would be so small? I think its a good idea to get a second opinion before proceeding.
                Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                L2 to T4
                Braced for 4 years
                Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Charlotte...

Anna is in Australia, where the medical care isn't quite as sophisticated as here in the U.S.

--Linda
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thats too bad. Thanks for the help Linda, and good luck Anna!
                    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                    L2 to T4
                    Braced for 4 years
                    Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Ohh yeah,she did...okey well umm are u in any pain?

Comment

What are you talking about?
                        Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                        L2 to T4
                        Braced for 4 years
                        Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Charlotte...

If you look at OneofFive's post, I think she was responding to to my post (The curve isn't below 10 degrees), which was directed to her.

--Linda

Comment

Australian Health Care

>>Anna is in Australia, where the medical care isn't quite as sophisticated as here in the U.S.

Anna's header says she's in the Philipines, where there may be treatment issues, but in spite of the heated rivalry between New Zealand and Australia (be careful where you mention the cricket or the rugby), I feel compelled to stand up for the Aussies on this one. They do have the full range of modern health care, including experimental work.

Patricia
                            (from New Zealand)
                            Patricia
                            Scoli Mum from New Zealand
                            Daughter Caitlin's surgery 2nd May 2005
                            Posterior fusion T3 - L1

Comment

Hi Patricia...

I didn't mean to demean the Australian healthcare industry. :-) Unfortunately, there are only 5 Australian surgeons who are members of the Scoliosis Research Society. If Anna was in the US, I would definitely recommend that she find another surgeon for a second opinion. In Australia, that's something that's not terribly easy.

Regards,
                              Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X