Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNEUMEX therapy for scoliosis

Hello there,

I am a 28 yr old female with a 47 / 30 S curve, and my doctors are recommending surgery. I saw information about a new physical therapy-based treatment called Pneumex, which claims to reduce curves, with more success for smaller curves but also with some success for large curves.

Does anybody else know anything about Pneumex or has tried it? I am trying to plan a course of treatment before considering surgery and any information would be helpful.

Thanks a million!
    Laura

p.s. The website is: www.pneumex.com

PNEUMEX

Hi Laura,

I just wanted you to know that the reason you've received zero replies thus far is probably because most of us have never heard of "Pneumex". (I don't even know how to pronounce it!) ~ I just wanted to thank you for your post because you just "educated" me! All I can say is that I went to a Chiropractor for approximately 25 years and I believe it helped to "slow down" my double curvature a bit. By the time I reached age 55, my curvature increased quite a bit and my pain became unbearable. I finally "gave in" to surgery so I wouldn't end up being a "hunch-backed" old lady. I wish I could help you. Good luck, Laura!
    ~ Irene ~
    Lumbosacral Scoliosis: Corrective surgery (12 hours anterior and posterior) on June 19, 2002 at age 56; Surgeon: Lawrence G. Lenke; Hospital: Barnes in St. Louis, Missouri; Pre-Op 58/56 degrees "S" curve; Post-Op: 40/33 degrees; Fusion: T-11 to S1

Comment

Working...
    X