riibcage pain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riibcage pain!

I have serious ribcage pain! I have seen numerous doctors, therapists, etc. and some say this is associated or may be and others say that its inflamation of the muscles of my ribcage and is
    not associated with my scoliosis (which is 36 degrees).

Does anyone else have this severe pain in their ribcage? I haven't had a normal night's sleep in around 3 years!
    mccw

I have had inflimation of the tissues aroung the ribcage. Everyonce in a while I'm plagued by it. I take anti inflamitory drugs to stop it. Has the doctors given you anything to combate the pain?

Comment

rigecage pain

MaryK,

Thanks for your reply! What antiinflammatory meds do you take? I've been on several different types that give me some relief, but not enough! .....I''m on Bextra right now, but I still don't sleep very well at night. I was on Cortison for a couple of weeks & it gave me the most relief that I had had in a couple of years, but there are too many side effects!

Cassie
      mccw

Comment

I took salsalate and ultram. They both are antiinflammitories that can be taken with tylenol. The ultram seemed to be the best though. But don't use it when pregnant, it can hurt the fetus. (Class A i think) Salsalate is okay though.

Comment

Ribcage pain

Hi Cassie,

I was so happy to see someone here with the same problem that I am having. I've had this pain for 5 months now and after taking an MRI, I found out yesterday that I have Scoliosis. I've already had 3 epidurals but none took away the pain. I have been out of work for 3 months with this so I can sympathize with your pain. I'm going to the doctor next week and hopefully will learn more about the options that are available to me. Please feel free to email me at Sherry327@aol.com to compare notes.

Comment

Sherry,

I have just started going to a massage therapist ( 2 times in the past 2 weeks) I think that she is helping me more than the meds and the physical therapy! There is also another forum member in Dx'd at an older age, part 2 that has been helped by massage therapy, so I'm hoping for great results! I'll keep you posted on my progress with this massage therapist!

Cassie
            mccw

Comment

Working...
            X