Wut can i wear?? baggy or skinny??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wut can i wear?? baggy or skinny??

k yea i've just been diagnosed this schoolyear cuz of the 7th grade scoli test!!! and im getting a brace soon so wut am i supposed 2 wear??? can i wear Hollister (4 those of u that don't know it's skin tight clothing) im getting a boston brace i think we're not sure yet!!!!! can i wear skin tight stuff or do i haf 2 wear baggy stuff??? but i don't want 2 cuz hollister and skin tight stuff is the fashion in California!!!!!

hmmm i have scoliosis too. i found out in 5th grade from the testing and i have a boston brace! =]
    yeah, hollister is pure LOVE. dont stop wearing your favorite clothes, still wear them, who cares what they think? but, if your still worried or dont want people 2 know, buy the next size up. =]
    i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

I have scoliosis, too. I'm now in my early 20s and I'm in college. When I was in middle school and high school, I was wearing a back brace. I purposely would buy baggy clothing to fit over the brace, so that it was not as visible. However, I got kicked out of the program, so I now have to do yoga stretching for the rest of my life in order to keep my back straight, because of a lung condition I have.

Comment

Hello. I live in cali too so i TOTALLY get what you mean about the Hollister thing. I have a brace too, and its ALL i ever wear anymore (and Abercrombie) because its nice and long. Yeah, it is tight, but wear a cami or something under it. it helps to hide the bumps from the straps. Also, get a bigger size. I fit into a small, but usually i get mediums and sometimes larges because they arent So0o tight! There is nothing that says you have to wear baggy clothes, just wear clothes that you like. I remember worrying so much because i thought people could see it, but the thing is they dont look for it. It will be hard to get used to...but here is some advice i REALLY wish i had. Please listen to it!
        I have had this brace for over 2 years now, but NO ONE really knows. Nobody stares at you looking for imperfections or signs of a back brace. Here's an example. This girl that i used to hang out with at lunch was one of my good friends. I never saw her outside of school though. This year, we became really close friends. I decided i would invite her to my church youth group because it is a ton of fun. She got to my house a little early, so i wasnt quite ready. I always take my brace off before i go because we are inside the gym because it is a church and a private school and we play basketball. So i was changing in the bathroom and i came back holding my brace and she had absolutely NO IDEA what it was, or that i had it all this time, and she was on of the people i hung out with everyday! This may be a little mean, but a lot of time poeple are too concerned with themselves and how they look to REALLY look at you, its just how people are. I will admit that i am that way. I'm not saying that nobody cares about you or anything, thats just how it is. At least thats the way it was for me, especially now that i am in high school.
        Sorry its so long, but i dont want you to have to worry like i did!!
        xoxoMOLLY

my name is molly
        i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
        i got my back brace at age 13
        i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
        my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
        i've had scoliosis since i was 7
        my legs used to be uneven
        but now they look much more balanced!
        and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
        Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

thanx molly that makes me feel soooo much better and i luuuuuuv Holiister that is pretty much all i wear 2!!! thanx 4 the great advice from everyone u r totally helping me out!!! When i was told i had 2 wear a brace i started crying in my car on the way home but my mom couldn't c and my dad wanted 2 talk 2 me on my mom's cell but i didn't want 2 talk about it!! thanx again 4 the advice i luv u guys soooo much ur helping me through this more than u know!!!!!!!!

Comment

I CRIED TOO. =]

but there was no reason for it anyways.
            i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

i know there was no reason but it was just so hard not 2 heck it was hard not letting my mom hear!!!!

Comment

i have to get mine on thursday and im soo scared! i feel like crying. im sooo upset but thank GOD its ok to wear hollisterr! i love that placee! if only i had the $$ to buy EVERYTHING there haha
                They Call me Laura
                Im 13 years old
                I have a mild 23 degree cruve

Comment

Hi girls,

I'm 18 now and wore a boston brace for 2 years. I stoped wearing it at the end of December of 2005. I love cute clothes as well and buy a lot a holister and abercrombie. I personally did not wear my brace to school, although I was supposed to wear it 23 hours a day. I wore it at night and put it on as soon as I got home from school, however, you SHOULD wear it all the time. I went on an orchestra trip to Toronto (I live on the east coast of U.S.) and I had to bring it. I always wore my regular tight jeans and a tank top (tuck the tank top into the pants, obviously no belt) put my brace over it, and then wore a sweatshirt or zip-up hoodie over the brace. The only part of the brace you could see was the bottom part which didn't show in the front, only the sides and the back. The good thing about this is the jeans are still tight on your legs. Yes people would know, but it didn't really bother me. What is the worst they could say. Everyone has some kind of health condition and ours just happens to be something people can see. My brace was so thick over my hips there is just no way I could have worn tightfitting anything over it. As far as what to expect when you get your brace, mine was very painful when I first got it and I needed to take it off often, but after a few days your body will get used to it. I also would need to take it off in the middle of the night sometimes because it hurt so bad, but after the first couple days I preferred wearing it at night over not wearing it. It isn't so bad.
                  April

Scoliosis discovered at 14 and 9 month-- 47 degrees
                  Boston brace for 2 years (only 12 / 23 hours a day)
                  Now 18 years old
                  Thoracic curve 35, Lumbar curve about 52 degrees

Comment

I'm getting s boston brace in 2 days. Just get the next size up in everything, or wear those tops that are in now - the ones which are tight around the chest, then looser around the tummy

xxx

Comment

I'm getting a boston brace sometime soon and I'm glad I can still wear tight clothes with my brace!

Comment

I have a boston brace and I was very surprised that nobody really looks at your back! I wear kinda loose cloths. If you live in a cold state (like me), you could wear sweat shirts alot! Aeropostle is a really good place to find t-shirts and anything else you need. But in a hot state like Cali I dont know what you would wear. Sorry. I only know that here in the summer I sweat sooo bad! You will probably sweat really bad. air it out or stick it front of a fan when you take it off. It cools it down really well.
                        Last edited by Eliza; 12-10-2007, 03:20 PM.
                        Hi, I am Eliza. I wear a boston brace. I have wore it for 2 months almost 3. I have 2 curves in my spine. One is 25*T, the other one is 20*S. My boston brace has kept them about the same degree since I have been wearing it. My hobbies include: volleyball, my dog (his name is Amos), swimming (for fun).

Comment

My daughter wears pants and shorts from the GAP - they have fitted adjustable waists so they fit with a brace. They go in the dryer and don't shrink either. They have lots of different styles and colors of pants and jeans.
                          Ruth
                          Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

our brace

All I'll add to this (an an adult who is now facing surgery at 39 after diagnosis of AIS - adolescent ideopathic scoliosis - at age 10) ...

I was put in a Boston brace. I didn't wear it 23 hours a day as prescribed. I was in sports all in Jr high and HS, and I stuck it in my locker as soon as I got to school.

Maybe I'd need surgery now if I had worn it ... maybe not. *I'll* never know. I also didn't want to look different ... (be glad you live in the time you do kiddos, AF, Hollister, etc ...).

Yes, buy a larger size in a hard brace. But definitely, PLEASE, wear your brace over fashion. Trust me on this.
                            Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                            AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                            Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                            Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                            EMAIL ME

Comment

you know ... given the choice now at 39 (yes, yes ... I know ... verrrrrrry old - lol), I'd welcome wearing the brace *outside* my clothes vs. trying the hide it like I did for so many years.
                              Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                              AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                              Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                              Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                              EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
                              X