Does better posture help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does better posture help?

I don't know if this is in the right forum or not but I was wondering if better posture and sleeping a certain way would help any with someone with a 35 upper and 25 lower curve.thanks

If your scoliosis is structural, which it almost certainly is, I believe that no amount of postural change will have any permanent affect on your curves. However, I think there may be certain exercises/techniques that can help you look and feel as though your curves have lessened. For example, check out http://www.yogaforscoliosis.com.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks for the advice.My daughter who is 12 and a half was recently said to have sciliosis and is done growing.I notice she sometimes has bad posture when sitting and I always get on her case,and don't want her curves to get worse because of it.

Comment

My scoliosis is structural and better posture helps, but my muscles are so weak from my severe scoliosis that I cannot keep a straight position anymore.

Comment

My daughter is a dancer and her ballet teacher stresses good posture. Even with good posture, her curve continued to grow and she had to have surgery. Having good posture and strengthening your back muscles help to slow it sometimes.
          T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
          2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
          3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
          Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Working...
          X