Extreme spine surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme spine surgery

Wow, that was unbelievable! Dr.Boachie is truly the master as they said on the show. I don't know about those of you who watched it but I personally will NEVER again think my previous 49* curve was bad after seeing the 130* curves on the show. It really made me feel fortunate that I have access to medical help and had my surgery before my curve got worse. I had tears in my eyes during the whole show thinking of what those kids went through. I will never complain if/when I have discomfort. I hope watching this show would be a positive influence for those who are facing surgery in this new year. If those kids can handle all they did, you can too! ATTITUDE is everything.
    I know everyone can't have Dr. Boachie do their surgery however, he has trained a lot of Dr's. Mine for example was. To those of you still looking for a Dr. you feel is well enough trained to do your surgery this might be another question you can ask as you search. I feel I had an excellent surgeon due to the fact he learned from the master himself. Happy new year and best wishes to you all. Suzy

2/22/06 surgery now 8*

Hi Everyone,

I don't live in US i live in Australia just wondering if anyone knows if it will be shown here???
    I have pay tv which has 3 different Discovery Channels on it im wondering if maybe they'll show it on there but i can't seem to find that it will be on in Australia.

Thanks,

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Suzy,

You're right about attitude. Easier said than done for some of us more neurotic folks however ...lol...but the FACT is, emotions aside, I am very reassured about the surgery when I realize how gifted Dr. Boachie is.

For everyone else awaiting surgery, I think it's important to remember that there are other gifted surgeons out there as well....as evidenced by the number of successful surgeries people have elsewhere.
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Gifted surgeons though they may be, it can get pretty mind-boggling when one contradicts what one surgeon recommends for you, and then the next one contradicts what that one says, and so on, and so on. Time is not on my side, and I want to get this done right the first time around. I don't want to be told at age 70 that I need a revision.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

Sorry, I might have missed this on another thread/post, but why isn't time on your side?

As for different doctors telling you different things, I understand completely. I took my daughter to 5 different doctors to make sure I chose the right surgeon for her and I know in my heart that I did. Each of the doctors told me something different. One doctor in particular told me her Kyphosis wasn't an issue even though it was 71*. Most agreed that she needed surgery, but differed on the length of fusion. It isn't an easy decision to make and trust me, having to make the decision for my child was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Mary Lou
          Last edited by Snoopy; 01-09-2007, 02:44 PM.
          Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Mary Lou,

At age 57 I believe the window of opportunity to even have surgey is closing. I've been advised to have surgery within the next year or two. First-time surgery at my age will of course be tough, and that's why it is my hope that it will be my only surgery.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X