X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neuralgia

Hi,

Can anyone help me.....

I was wondering if anyone on this forum suffers from Neuralgia in the head?
    It feels like a bad headache/mirgraine but its more like shooting pains on one side of the head.
    I was wondering if people with Scoliosis get this too or is it just me???
    I don't get them that much one every 4 - 6 weeks sometime i wake up with it cos my neck starts off sore then i get these shooting pains which can last up to 1 - 3 days its not constant every now and then it will happen especially if im laying down or sitting then i get up to move they will start.

As soon as i have anti - inflamitries with Codein it seems to go away.

Can anyone help me????

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Hi Lee,
    I have the same symptoms, although they haven't happened for a while (knock on wood). My doctor told me not to worry about it, and I have no idea if it is connected to scoliosis or not. I know that I get the head pains more when I'm stressed.

Best,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

I get them too.

Neck tension, allergies, stress and cold weather can trigger it.
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
      X