Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home

Hi everyone this is going to be fairly short I will write again asap. I had my sugery on Wednesday the 8th. everything went well..the surgery only took 3 hours which surprised everyone and the correction was far better than we thought could be expected. pre op T- 74 L -62 post op...T -14 L <5...I came home Sunday and things have been going well.I have a few issue but am too tired to write about now...I just wanted to update everyone..

Thanks for all the thoughts and Prayers. God has surelt blessed me.

Congratulations! That is a wonderful result. Welcome to the other side and be sure to keep us up dated on your progress. Best wishes.

Comment

Good to be home.

Glad to hear you are home and that your surgery was relatively short. Let us know how you progress in your recovery.

Joan

Comment

I hope your recovery goes as well as your surgery. Congratulations.
        surgery 9/06
        Rothman institute

Comment

good luck with your recovery! That's amazing that you were able to use the computer already! Ly

Comment

Gald to hear you are back home. That is a great correction, I am so happy for you. Have a speedy recovery.
            I just said a little pray for you.

Sue

Comment

WOW...those are amazing results! Congratulations on getting through the surgery and onto the recovery phase. It's tough going for a while, but it does get better, I promise!

Comment

Hi Fiddlestix,

I too want to wish you continued success in your recovery and congratulate you on your results!!! It's always exciting to see someone doing so well so soon after surgery.

Keep us informed, and I'm sooooo happy for you.

Shari

Comment

Update and question

Hi all, I seem to be doing well. I still have a lot of pain mostly of a stiffness and soreness type. My fusion went well and ended up being from T4 to L3...he decided once he open up my back that he could spare that L3-L4 level. Things are pretty much as I expected them to be...I really can't find a comfortable place to sit, but we are working on it.

The very bottom of my abdominal area..is very sore ...tight and slightly swollen..almost painful to the touch and has been like this for the most part since surgery. Anyone else deal with this...is it normal.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

seems normal...

fiddlestix--- I am almost 4 mths post-op & I am still numb/a bit swollen at my incision sight-left side.. I was told it could be numb up to 6 mths.. Week by week you will gradually get more comfortable. At this stage, I feel almost completely back to normal at age 46. So when we all look back, 3-4 mths out of our life for recovery ain't so bad....right?? Hang in there & just lie down a lot if sitting is'nt comfortable. I still go up to lie down for a while on my bed after I make dinner for my family....Ly
                    http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com
                    fused T-11 to L-5/Dr. Boachie/Kim

Comment

Incision wise at the beginning my abdomen was much more painful and I was swollen so badly that my 11 yr old wanted to know if I was pregnant. It went down and My abdomen is pretty well back to normal. Actually it is better because I lost about 30 lbs and now have a waistline. Keep up on your recovery. It sounds like you are doing fantastic.
                      surgery 9/06
                      Rothman institute

Comment

swelling

My abdomen was also swollen. I had issues with consitpation that added to it. If you have not already, I would talk to your doctor about what if any stool softeners would be appropriate for you. Eating well is good for the process. Happy Thanksgiving. We all have a great deal to be thankful for this year.

Joan

Comment

I'm glad to hear you're going home.

Comment

2wks post op

Well its been two weeks and I couldn't be happier..i still have pain but it can be managed. And I am in no where near the pain that I was in just last week. I am still on Percocet 10/325 and Diluadid 2mg for breakthrough pain. But last week I could barely make it between the 6 hours even with the diluadid but this week I have past the 6 hour mark more than a few times and only realized it because I had to give my dd her medication and I realized I hadn't taken mine. I am starting to move a lot better..I still get tired easily and sitting is still hard. I can only do it minutes at a time. Walking feels really good as long as I don't over do it...I learned that lesson..lol. I hate not being able to bend and I can't wait to be able to drive again although I guess I need to be able to sit comfortly first. I am very happy so far with my recovery.

Comment

I am glad to hear that you are doing so well I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.
                              surgery 9/06
                              Rothman institute

Comment

Working...
                              X