Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery

Hello i am Gemma and i have to have back surgery next March! I am so scared about it all and i need some advice!
    Anybody with some advice please may i have!
    Thank you.
    I am so worried

Hi Gemma:

This is a great place to visit if you're worried about back surgery. Lots of knowledgable people hang out on this forum. Is your surgery for scoliosis? And why have they scheduled you so far in advance (next March?)? That's a long time to worry.

My 12 year-old daughter has aggressive scoliosis. She's in a 23/7 brace, but her curve is still progressing. This means she will almost certainly require surgery at some point, but we can't predict when. Could be June, could be December, could be next year. We've decided to wait until is gets closer to start worrying about it. Denial? Perhaps, but fretting about it now won't accomplish anything but making us all cranky.

Hang in there - Patricia
    Patricia
    Scoli Mum from New Zealand
    Daughter Caitlin's surgery 2nd May 2005
    Posterior fusion T3 - L1

Comment

Hi Gemma,
      I have posted another reply to you about bullying. Your curves are not quite as bad as my daughters were ( yes I've checked everything you've posted). Amber's surgery went really well. She is going for her 6 week check-up tomorrow. Waiting for the surgery is the hardest part. You won't remember too much about being in hospital and when you come home time goes by so quickly that you are shocked when things like check-ups come along.
      Ask anything that you want to know even if you think it might be silly or embarrassing.
      Chin up.
      Best wishes.
      Cheryl.

Comment

Working...
      X