payment for 2nd (or 3rd) brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• payment for 2nd (or 3rd) brace

My daughter has just received her 1st Boston brace...she is not quite 11 yrs old so will obviously need more than one brace over time. The orthotist alluded to the fact that insurance may not pay for more than one brace. Does anyone have experience with this? I just CANNOT believe that this could be the case but I want to start putting away a fund if I need to (this brace we have was over $2700)!!!I have an HMO policy.
    Thanks...
    Lauri
    Mom to Ali, almost 11 years old
    T 29, L 15 curves
    wearing Boston Brace since 10/18/06
    Doing GREAT!!!

With an HMO, usually you have a maximum you can spend EACH year; it falls under "medical durable equipment." So you probably have maxed it out for THIS year, but by the time you need another brace (if), it's a new year. Typically, that's how it works; check your policy.

p

Comment

Hey

My providence was around $1500
      and my two bostons were around $2000
      Mák Veronika
      14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
      40T
      54L
      +rotation
      Boston Brace since December 2005
      Location in Florida

I play flute.
      I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Hi, my name is Stacy. Mother to a 13 yr old girl who just started wearing the Boston brace during the day. For the past 11 months she's been wearing the Providence. We have an HMO and were lucky that the insurance co. paid 100% for both. My daughter's curves are both at about 38 degrees. I pray these are the only ones she needs as I am a single parent. I'd say if you insurance company gives you a hard time fight for it. The way we look at the 2 braces...they fit differently and are worn for different times of the day. Thank god we got lucky. Keep the faith. If you ever want to chat my email address is stacyeve4634@yahoo.com
        Stacy

Comment

Working...
        X