Surreal Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surreal Moment

I don't want to sound nuts, but we all have our little quirks. I was laying on the couch, couldn't sleep and not because of pain. I just thought out of the blue I can't believe that I finally did this. I felt proud and brave. I am actually having times where I am in less pain than before the surgery. I only took 3 percocet all day yesterday.
    On a more comical note I had to watch the soap network last night for the return of Genie Francis. I haven't really watched it in years. Those of us who are of age can probably remember watching the wedding. Sorry this is off the subject of the forum.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Dawn, you ARE brave and you SHOULD be proud!! That's so great.

Yeah, I remember the wedding.......
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Hi Dawn,

I have to agree with you and Singer, it does take a lot of strength and courage to have and get through this surgery. It's not easy physically or mentally.

When you have a bad day, try and remember how brave and strong you really are!!!

Shari

Comment

Heck yeah! I remember watching Luke and Laura's wedding fondly...sniff sniff.

You should be feeling proud of yourself, you've accomplished something awesome!
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
        X