brace at 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brace at 6

does anyone have a 9 year old or younger in a brace that could send my daughter of 6 a message
    Lindsey's Mom

Hi Lindsey's mom,

My son wore a brace for about 6 months after fusion surgery at 1yr old. He is now almost 9 and no longer wearing a brace. I'm sure there are several parents on this board who can offer words of encouragement.

I have a few questions for you - is Lindsey's scoliosis idiopathic? Has she had a checkup by a neurosurgeon to rule out any spinal cord issues? Are you seeing a pediatric ortho who specializes in spine issues in very young children? Lots to think about...

Good luck and I hope to see you post more often.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

My daughter did go to a neurologist and fortunatly had no neurological issues just straight scolosis. Its incredible to have surgery at 1 because Lindsey's doctors are trying to hold it long enough through bracing her. Fortunatly right now she only has to wear it to bed. Her curve goes up and down with her growth.

Its great to talk to people that have similar issues because when Lindsey was in early intervention I would go to support groups only to find parents of children that had major developmental issues.
      Lindsey's Mom

Comment

Working...
      X