Right thoracic curve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right thoracic curve

I know we've discussed this before, and I did a search and couldn't find the discussion, so maybe someone can refresh my memory. Which is more common a left or right curve especially in the thoracic area?

Thanks.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Hi Mary Lou...

The common thoracic or thoracolumbar curve is right thoracic left lumbar.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

spincor

Hello, My 14 year old daughter has been in a spincor brace for two weeks now. She has a problem with it "riding up" does anyone have that problem? Any suggestions?

THanks
      Diana

Comment

I'm not sure what part of the brace is riding up. Is the base riding up? If that is the problem, consult your orthotists, but probably you need to tighten the straps around the hip so the brace won't move up. Also, the leg bands can be as tight as is comfortable. I noticed Rachel's base riding up a bit the other day and decided that her shoelace in the back must have stretched a bit. I tightened the shoelace so that when she put the velcro on the base where she was used to putting it the brace would be tight enough. Her brace stopped twisting and riding up as soon as I tightened the shoelace holding the base together.
        Hugs!
        Cheryl
        God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Working...
        X