Baltimore Doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Doctors

Sorry for starting another new thread! This will be my last new one before my x-ray on the 17th, promise!

Was wondering if people have had good experiences with doctors in the Baltimore area? I'm currently seeing Dr. Tortolani and he seems extremely qualified, but want to get a second opinion obviously. Since we have GBMC, St. Joe's, and Johns Hopkins here, I am sure there are some other fantastic spine doctors - I just don't know who they are!
    32 y/o male
    S curve - upper, 50 degrees, lower 43 degrees
    Waiting and watching after seeing 2 doctors...

Have you checked out docs at the Maryland Spine Center?

http://www.marylandspinecenter.com
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Brandi,

Just starting to look at other places and I came across this one. Are you familiar with them at all?
      32 y/o male

Comment

Hi Brian,

I am currently seeing Dr. Khaled Kebaish from Johns Hopkins. My surgery is Monday morning (Oct. 9). So far, I really really like him, he is very conservative and easy to talk to. He has a very easy yet confident way about him and he always makes me feel confident and informed. He came highly recommended by a well known spinal surgeon from JH Dr. Kostuik who is now retired. Keep checking this site as I will be keeping everyone informed about my surgery and recovery. Good Luck!

Comment

Hi Dori,

Good luck with your surgery this Monday. What are you having done? I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and would love for you to keep us updated on everything. I will be sure to look into him. I was certainly considering Hopkins as they are among the best we have around here!

Again- my thoughts are with you and hope for a quick recovery.

Brian
          32 y/o male

Comment

Hi Brian,

I am being fused from T3-L5 and he is using titanium rods. My curve is 60* and Dr. Kebaish is hopeful to get a good correction somewhere in the 20's or 30's. Obviously, I am very nervous but I am looking forward to recovery and a normal life on the other side. I will definately keep you posted on JH and the doctors there, I hope it will help you as you make your dicision.

Comment

I am not familiar with them. I considered consulting with them before I was referred to my own surgeon. Might be worth a shot.
              Brandi
              Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
              Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
              L1-S1
              Dr. William Lauerman
              Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
              Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
              http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
              X