Spinecor brace RULES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor brace RULES!!

We just got back from Montreal. My daughter was x rayed, results are 11 degrees. She started at 33 went to 9 and a 1 month is 11 degrees. Dr Rivard said there is 3-4 degree room for error. Dr. Colliard said she looked great out of brace! They are expecting to get down to 0 degrees. When we were there we met a 13 year old that has been down to -1 degree out of brace for 5 years because of Spinecor. Dr Colliard tightened the shoulder strap.

My daughter is comfortable in Spinecor. In fact we ask her if she wants to take off her brace and she say's "No I am fine".

The trip is long however, 7 hours to Montreal. We went to the Parc Safari Zoo to break up the trip and it was a blast!!!

We are still waiting for our new bodysuits from special-clothes.com I will let you know how we like them.

Christine
    from CT, USA
    6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
    8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
    10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
    10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
    10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
    4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
    8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
    2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
    3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Christine,

GREAT NEWS !!!! We have our appointment in 2 days I'm not expecting any surprises. Deirdre has no trouble wearing the spinecor brace and prefers to have it on rather than off. One year ago as we were waiting for our appointment with Dr. Rivard, Deirdre wore a Milwaukee brace that we got from the local hospital - what a disaster!!! She wore it one night and was moaning due to pain and discomfort - I couldn't bear it. I remember the orthotist telling me that if it didn't hurt, it wasn't working. I thought this was a pretty stupid remark given that after serial casting her spine was under 20 degrees and there was no need for the brace to push her to the point of pain. The next morning I realized that there was a misplaced screw on the brace which had been pressing against her chest !!!!! I was livid and swore never to see that orthotist ever again! Anway.....that's all behind us now.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

body suits

Christine,

I'm so happy all went well at your appointment. Did you get the bodysuits you ordered? We also tried them. I liked them, but my daughter still prefers the spinecor ones, because of the snap placement I think. Anyway, good luck. I sent you a private email as well. We travel almost 10 hours to Montreal and we also visited parc safari to give her some fun on the trip!

Ann Rairdon
      Mother to 14 year old daughter
      Diagnosed with infantile scoliosis at 6 months (54 degree left thoracic)
      Boston Brace for 5 years.
      Montreal to see Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard 7/04 to 1/08(spinecor brace and 3 casts)
      surgery with Dr. Clements Oct. 2008 (8 staples and a hybrid rod)
      3 lengthenings with Dr. Samdani
      Scheduled for fusion with Dr. Samdani

Comment

Body suits

Hi everyone

The bodysuits from special clothes did not work out. The crotch placement does not work and the crotch itself is too wide. I tried to have them altered but still no good. I guess I will have to pay $60 a pop from spiecor. Where do I order them from?

Recently my 6 year old daughter noticed that the spinecor logo is of trees with curved trunks that progressively become straight. She even came up with a little story to go with it. HOW CUTE !!

Thanks any info would be great

Christine
        from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

Christine,

So sorry you're having problems with the suits from special clothes.com, did you get the ones with velcro fasteners instead of the snaps ? When I was at Ste Justine a couple of weeks ago, SueAnne told me that I could use regular underwear and have the bottom cut out and attach velcro fasteners to the openings. For the torso, a regular long t-shirt could be worn. I prefer the bodysuits that I ordered directly from the hospital and I did pay dearly for them, but they are *so* worth it. I have about 6 bodysuits from Ste Justine and 3 from special clothes.com

Ann,

Glad to see you posting

Canadian eh
          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Ann

We did get the velcro from special cloths. I am going to try having underpants altered as you said. I suppose that I just call Montreal and talk to Sue ann to order. My daughter does like the spinecor suits.

Christine
            from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

My daughter has bodysuits from Special Clothes, Bodysuits.com and Spinecor. She absolutely loves the way the Spinecor fit like a glove. She loves her little trees, too. I have to look at them to see what you are talking about. That is cute that she wrote a story.

If you would hear some of the creative things that Nicole has said, I don't know if you would laugh or worry. She now has voices for her two curves (They don't sound that nice) and of course lots of stories about Roxy and her adventures at Brace Academy where she has dated a Boston Brace, among others. I would love her to do Roxy's voice for the Doctors in Montreal but I don't know if she will be shy. I figure she needs an outlet for all of her scoli stress.

Melissa
              Melissa
              From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
              Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

I just asked Nicole about the trees on the bodysuit and she said "Mom, I told you that when I got my bodysuits." For some reason I don't remember. Anyway, pretty neat.

Melissa
                Melissa
                From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Working...
                X