torticolisis (twisted neck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torticolisis (twisted neck)

I have scolosis and a twisted neck on top of that. I have State health insurance and of course I am having trouble with them wanting to do anything but medrol dosepaks and pain relievers and the usual motrin regimen. I am fifty years old and in realitively good health but my back and neck are becoming a big problem as far as working. I have applied for disability and this is also a pain no pun intended. I am new to this site and can use any feed back out there...so talk to me please..thanks for listening and good luck to all of us.

If you are applying for SSA (fed. disablity), you can't be working. You will need an attorney who specilizes in SS. He won't get paid by you until AFTER you win your case. Then his payment gets taken out of your first disablity check. Expect to fight for SSA, which is why you need an attorney. Make sure EVERYTHING medical is in your records.

It took me 5 years and a couple of appearances in front of SS judges to get it.

Good luck
    SandyC
    SandyC

Comment

Thank you so much I am applying for SSI at the moment I applied for SSA several years ago and I don't have an attorney I go for re-consideration on the thirteenth of this month. I was told they will put my cases together. It is retroactive ? So yours went back five years ? Thats great. Social Security has lawyers too but I don't think they would be the best for me, uh? Since I am at the re-consieration phase second time around I think I have to wait til right before I go before judge. How do they think I can work w/my neck laying on my shoulder and my body twisted is beyond belief they should try it !! I have also been told to go mental that it is easier that way !!? Keep in touch maggie belle

Comment

When you appeal you SSi or SSA decision it is the job of the soc sec. to prove you canwork. Your job is to prove that you cannot carry out a job. Medical files help. Be sure you have all the required paperwork! All your medical evaluations should be in your files and current. having the x-rays may be helpful also. With as bad as your neck sounds it is likely that things will go easier for you. If you lose this round there is another appeal you can go through. The case is sent to a panel that looks over the case and the judges decision. Depending on wether or not the judge looked at all the info tha SS requires him to the case may be retried

My dad just went hrough all that and my mom still is. You can win this, just as long as you are willing to fight for your rights!

Comment

Well the SSI is long but I believe that I will finally be approved. They got my x/rays at long last. They can't seem to grasp scolosis and torticollicus really throws them for a loop...but my pictures speak volumes.
          I am still planning to have surgery on my neck and am waiting for neuro consult in another month. This is a slow process but at fifty I can wait a little longer.
          Well thanks for the space and good luck to all of you facing your surgeries and to those that share their experiences. You are all so brave I am in awe at times when I go to this site....GOD BLESS and keep those cards and letters coming.

Comment

Working...
          X