help with terminology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with terminology

If I look at my son's back and the curve is like a letter C, open on the right, is that called aa left thoracic curve or a right curve?

Is the hump on the open side of the C, on the right? or on the left?

And, then knowing which curve you have, is the "weak" side the left or the right -- the side with the hump or the other side?

I haven't seen an orthopedic doctor yet as he was just diagnosed this week by the pediatrician with a slight 10 degree curve. I'm trying to educate myself on things before we move on.

I read the torso-rotation article posted a while back with great interest. When I visited a gym, though, I was told that they are phasing out that type of equipment in favor or a type of machine he showed me with weights and a pully where you stand perpindicular to the weights and pull with your arms from one side around to the other, keeping your feet/hips steady. I wonder if this might be as good as the medX torso rotation described in the article. Are these machines really going by the wayside?

Thank you.

I read the torso-rotation article posted a while back with great interest. When I visited a gym, though, I was told that they are phasing out that type of equipment in favor or a type of machine he showed me with weights and a pully where you stand perpindicular to the weights and pull with your arms from one side around to the other, keeping your feet/hips steady. I wonder if this might be as good as the medX torso rotation described in the article. Are these machines really going by the wayside?
    cannot comment on how prevalent these (medx) or similar machines are in the USA, I struggled a bit to find one in the UK, as they are surely not standard in every gym. My daughter of 12 with a curve somewhere between 20 and 30 degrees is using it twice weekly as an addition to bracing with a spinecor.

At this stage I personally wouldn't bother yet (see my other post) as you might have nothing to worry about anyway

Comment

Hi Bizzlever :
      In answer to your questions :
      If is a C =is to the left rib cage
      If the hump is to the left indicates rotation of the rib cage to the left.

Both sides of the spinal muscles are weak .
      If the spine is rotating at different levels , why do you want to rotate more ?
      There are scoliosis with 3 curves and also with 4 curves .
      Please go to :info@schroth-skoliosebehandlung.de
      and SOSORT.org
      Btall

Comment

Working...
      X