Hello everyone, just checkin up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, just checkin up.

Hello out there! How is everyone? Well if u read my old thread i am 13 and i have scoliosis, and i wear a brace. My parents were looking at my hips this weekend. One of my hips is maybe a half a centimeter higher. I am sorta scared. So they schedualed an oopointment at the ortho. to check it out. At my last check up they said that i might get to have my brace off in December. WEll there was no way i could go in December. So this might be the oppointment i have been waiting for.... But this might be the worst one. I am so scared i don't know what to expect. Its really hard having scoliosis. Especially when u know it might be getting worse. I think about my scoliosis and wonder why me? I am nice i am friendly what did i do to deserve this? I try and be happy and show that i am not sad or scared at times. But i really am. Sometimes i just cry. I don't usually know why. But there are so many things to be sad about when u have scoliosis, i mean looking at other kids that can be free and don't have to wear a brace everyday. That would be the biggest gift! Some people take things for grantid. All those years i went without my brace and i never thougth twice about how lucky i am. But i know that God puts obsticles infront of u to make u think. I would have never thought about how lucky i was without getting the brace. But i know that when i get my brace off i will feel like the luckiest girl in the world! I will cherish everyday. But anyway know that u are special and that there is rewards to everything. God loves ya and he made u have scoliosis for a reason! *Hannah*

GO HANNAH!

I know EXACTLY how you feel about sometimes just crying and wondering why this has to happen to YOU. I just try to look on the bright side, but i'll admit, that doesn't always work AT ALL. A lot of people I know say they wouldn't wear it, but I really think they would if they were in this situation. I wear my brace 23 hours a day and I just hope it will all be worth it. I was told I can get out of it when I stop growing, but so far I am 5'10" and 4 months ago I was 5'9". If anyone wants to email me, shamrockdancer33@charter.net and my aol instant messenger sn is shamrockdancer33. hope to hear from you!

Comment

I'm really glad for you that you might be getting your brace off. I'll think about you. I hope you will get it off. I know about the crying issue. The brace just puts pressure on you, and you just cry. I know how you feel.
      REBECCA
      ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
      I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
      I went through 3 Boston Braces
      Original curve~34*
      Curve in 1st Brace~9*
      Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
      Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
      Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

I know. Some times I just cry. I hate having to wear this thing. I hate having people pat me on the back and not being able to feel it. I hate it! but whats the point of hating it if i cant do anything about it? The only choice I have is to love it. I love it because it is keeping my curve from getting worse. I love it because it keeps me warm in the Winter! lol. I love it , I love it, I love it!!!
        Fairylvr

Comment

I love your attitude! And I also love my brace!

Comment

I know having scoliosis is a bummer, but theres nothing you can do to change it, so you might as well accept the facts and move on! There are worse things out there than wearing a brace - focus on what makes you happy, not things that you can't change!
            Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
            L2 to T4
            Braced for 4 years
            Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

hey i fell the exact same way, when i get time off my brace its like the highlight of my day. i get my brace off soon and i am so glad! i dont know what we did to deserve this but it happened for a reason. i mean i dont like wearing my brace but at least we found out we had scoliosis early enough to get a brance and not surgery.

Comment

i mean i dont like wearing my brace but at least we found out we had scoliosis early enough to get a brance and not surgery.
                Hmmmm....I actually did have surgery so I guess that bit of optimism doesn't apply to me. But I'm happy my scoliosis is taken care of. I actually thought having surgery was kinda fun. I mean, it hurt and all but it was such a different experience, and now I have tons of stories to tell!
                Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                L2 to T4
                Braced for 4 years
                Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Working...
                X