Dr. Recommendation Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Recommendation Arizona

My 16 year old son has kyphosis with a 70 degree curvature. His doctor said because he was done growing(???) nothing could really be done. He is sending him to physical therapy for stabilization and watching him every 4 months for the next year to see if it worsens. If it does he said it would require surgery. I would like a second opinion. We live in cental AZ and will go anywhere in the state. Any advise would be great, I'm overwhelmed. I've called about 15 doctors. Most pediatrics won't see him because he's too old and most adult won't because he's too young.

Hi Laura...

I've heard good things about William Stevens:

http://orthodoc.aaos.org/WStevensMD/

And Dennis Crandall:

http://www.sonoranspine.com/Dennis_Crandall_MD.asp

I think they both see both kids and adults.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

My son had surgery with Dr. Vicki Kalen at UMC in Tucson on AUgust 15th. SHe specializes in pediatrics but Mo was 20 and she still took him. We were so pleased with everything. He went for his 6 weeks check today and all is great. Her phone # ins 520 694-8000. We went to another Dr. in scottsdale and he was terrible. Dr. Kalen was great. She has lots of experience and answered all of our questions.

Comment

After my second surgery I moved to az for college. This is when my pain started. I saw dr.Crandell. Even though he could not help me in my situation I know he is highly recommended and was very nice.
        Good luck
        Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
        2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
        March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
        August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
        August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

Comment

Working...
        X