Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a certain kind of bed that helps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a certain kind of bed that helps?

Does the memory foam bed help at all? Just wondering as they look very comfortable, and look as if they may take the pressure off. If anyone has any idea or thoughts on this, please post.
    35T 54L rotation
    3rd TLSO brace
    shoe lift
    trunk shift,pelvic shift
    waiting for surgery!

memory foam

I have a memory foam topper on my bed; it tends to make one too warm.
    I covered it with a cotton mattress cover.
    With memory foam pillows I found they sink in nicely but once that stops it gets TOO hard.

Personally, I prefer the old fashioned foam--like egg crate from a surgical supply store--and latex foam pillows.

I bought all this stuff before surgery and nothing helped because I was so crooked I needed all sorts/sizes of pillows to reduce painful sleeping. It helped with recovery though.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Thanks

Thanks. I just want it to go away!!
      35T 54L rotation
      3rd TLSO brace
      shoe lift
      trunk shift,pelvic shift
      waiting for surgery!

Comment

Hi, well I have a water bed and have had one for nearly 20 years. I find that my lumpy bits that still stick out just sink in and it is just so comfortable. You can have it on whatever heat you want and I really could not be without mine.
        Karen I agree with you. I have a memory foam pillow and yes, it does go hard.

Macky
        Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
        Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

macky

I wonder if a spinecor brace would help your pain. My son has one for pain, but he didn't have fusion. You might want to look into it, though, if solved his excruciating pain problems.
          sharondunn@rogers.com

Comment

Working...
          X