miami ink episode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miami ink episode...

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone saw the Miami Ink episode where a girl came in who had had scoliosis surgery, and got a beautiful tattoo of buddhist art over her whole back? In the end you could hardly see her scar they did such an incredible job. Has anyone that has had the scoliosis surgery ever considered this? I don't know about anyone else, but my back has never gotten back all it's feeling. I have a lot of numb spots, and spots where if you touch one place I feel it in a completely separate part of my back. Maybe this would be an advantage when getting a tattoo?
    Anyways I always love it when something connected with scoliosis & back surgery shows up somewhere unexpected!
    Makes me feel like there are more of us out there than I realize!

lisanicole
    23/F/Canada
    6 years post op.
    lisanicolegrace
    29/F/Canada
    Surgery - 11/10/2000
    80° curve to 19° post op.
    www.lisanicolegrace.com
    @lisanicolegrace
    facebook
    x-rays
    picture of my back

I did see that episode. They did a beautiful job. Very talented people. I have one spot in particular (upper left side of my spine) that you cannot touch as it is a very strange feeling. I also love to watch anything related to scoliosis. Take care, LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Working...
    X