Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injections/Nerve Blocks

Hi...

I'm wondering if anyone with scoliosis of at least 40 degrees has ever had long-term or permanent pain relief from cortisone injections, nerve blocks, facet injections, etc. If one of these therapies worked for you, would you let us know?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

hy

no one of these therapies(drugs and snake-venom), a could me help realy i get depressions of drugs.

, only elektromagnetic therapie (with electromagnetic radiation which killss the nerves ) helped for a few months then the nerves growed again and the pain begun again, i get it in switzerland, you should fight the cause of the pain not only the pain.

i found a method in germany

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...=&threadid=436
    Last edited by Bosnian; 03-31-2004, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I am currently undergoing a series of 3 epidurals, Friday will be my third. Two days after the second epidural a got a huge rush of energy. I don't know if it was the cortisone or the lack of pain but it was wonderful. Unfortunately it was very short lived. Today, I am having a bad pain day. I am looking forward to the 3rd epidural which will be done the day after tomorrow. I am hoping for long term relief but am not very optimistic. I had an epidural 12 years ago and was virtually pain free for about 4 years. But then I did have a 9 pound baby and gained 50 pounds by the end of that 4th year.

I have known some people to have many, many pain free years after having epidurals.

After the birth of my 9 pounds baby I had Vax-D Therapy. That's where they strap you to a table and streatch you which in turn decompresses the lumbar spine. It worked and I was pain free for several years.

I have a backward S curve with both cures at 48 degrees. Discs L3-L5 are degenerated and I am now developing arthritis.

The epidurals are a relatively easy procedure and it is worth trying it once to see if it will work.

Good Luck,

Melissa

Comment

Hi Melissa...

Thanks for your response. Do the people that you mentioned as having long-term relief, have scoliosis?

Hope that the third shot works!

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

As a matter of fact, no they don't have scoliosis.

Their back pain was caused by car accidents.

I guess with scoliosis, there really isn't any way to correct it and its damage to your spine without surgery. I'm just absolutely terrified of surgery and will try any other means of pain relief until surgery is my only option.

Melissa

Comment

My curve is only 35 degrees, but I had a cortisone injection done a year ago. My Dr. said it could last for months, years, or forever. It didn't do anything. I was very disappointed. He offered to give me another injection in February, but I declined.

Michelle
            Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
            2003- 33 degrees
            2005- 37 degrees
            2006- 44 degrees
            May 2007- 47 degrees
            December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
            Fused T1 to L2
            Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

I found that a series of injections w/in a week of each other has a better long term affect than just having one injection or several injections spread apart by several weeks or months.

Melissa

Comment

Thanks Melissa. I think you've come to the conclusion that dawned on me recently. Since soft tissue injections do nothing to change the deformity, it seems likely to me that the pain, if it goes away at all, will eventually return. I was hoping that I was wrong, but I couldn't remember hearing of anyone with scoliosis getting permanent relief from any injection.

--Linda

Comment

Working...
                X