Axial biotech scoliosis survey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axial biotech scoliosis survey.

Survey link. Scroll down to the link that says click here for survey. Only took me about 10 minutes. Completely confidential.

I saw this in the NSF news letter and thought it was a great idea to help doctors and researchers figure out genetics and bracing and all that jazz, so I filled it out.

Not sure if it has already been posted elsewhere but figured it was a great idea and everyone should do it to help them get a better understanding of this.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

I believe this is the same survey mentioned in a previous thread:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4032

If that's not the case, please let me know.

Thanks.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Never mind... I see that there are two studies mentioned in the last issue of The Spinal Connection.

Since it's not obvious until after you've filled in personal information, I thought I might add that they're only interested in FAMILIES that have a history of scoliosis.

--Linda
      Last edited by LindaRacine; 08-31-2006, 12:23 AM.
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

You're right, I'm sorry. It was about families with a history of scoliosis.
        36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
        Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
        Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
        Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
        Curve post op = 20 degrees
        No pain anymore!!
        Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

If you haven't already participated in this study, I'd like to urge you to do so now. A newsletter from Axial Biotech claims that they are collaborating to develop a gene-based diagnostic test to predict which scoliosis curves are at risk for progression.

To participate go to http://www.axialbiotech.com/participate.html, or call 888-992-9425.

Thanks!

--Linda

Comment

Linda,

thanks, I just took it.
            Melissa
            From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
            Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Working...
            X