Axial biotech scoliosis survey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axial biotech scoliosis survey.

Survey link. Scroll down to the link that says click here for survey. Only took me about 10 minutes. Completely confidential.

I saw this in the NSF news letter and thought it was a great idea to help doctors and researchers figure out genetics and bracing and all that jazz, so I filled it out.

Not sure if it has already been posted elsewhere but figured it was a great idea and everyone should do it to help them get a better understanding of this.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Hi Kat,

I did it also. I hope it helps!!!

Shari

Comment

I checked it out...always happy to do my part!
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

I participated too! Always willing to help others, especially if they can stop this horrible disease!!
        Angela
        29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Just wanted to note that I think these studies are fascinating. I received a request from Axial Biotech for a saliva sample. I am waiting to hear back from them. I read up on the website about what they do, etc, and I think it's amazing.

Has anyone worked with this company or heard anything additional?

Jamie

Comment

Another survey.

I just filled this one out but had a tough time with my computer during the whole thing. There is another survey on WWW.SCOLIOSIS.ORG click on "Understanding Scoliosis, back pain,and healthy backs: A web survey. I did this one a few days ago when I found the link in the summer 2006 NSF newsletter.

Comment

Working...
            X