pain in lower spine area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain in lower spine area

anyone had pain in their lower spine by their tailbone i guess before surgery?it hurts when i stand and put my head down to look down it feels like i cant bend my head.also when i sit it hurts there to sit up straight.my drs office hasnt really said anything and its really uncomfortable.just wondering if anyone has gone through this kind of pain? trudy,
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Gayle -

I had a 58* lumbar curve and yes, it caused pain in that area. It mostly flared up when I would walk and it also bothered me when I was sitting for a period of time.
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

well i had a diskogram done monday so wasnt sure if thats the pain or if the diskogram messed me up,its so frustrating.

Comment

I used to get a pinching pain in my sacrum and not so much now since I stopped bending and getting up from low couches. It used to make me fall to my knees, not pleasant. I used ice and it numbed the pain.
        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Trudy,

I can't remember if I had pain down around the tailbone area before surgery. But I sure have it there now! Most of the time when I sit, it feels like I am sitting on a pebble. Not on the outside of my body but on the inside. Also while driving I get burning, searing pain in the lower back along with the feeling that a rock is inside me and I am sitting on it. I asked the doctor one time about the sitting on the rock feeling and he said it could possibly be the end of the rod that I am feeling.
          Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
          Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
          Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
          Fused T2 to sacrum
          June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
          MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

well now the dr is telling me i could have discitis which is an infection you can get in between the discs after a procedure like the discogram.i so hope not but this pain is awful,its like my tailbone is being stretched or something, hard to explain.

Comment

Working...
            X