ribs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ribs!

Hey, i have noticed that everyone is saying they have their left ribs taken out...why is it the left ribs and not the right? is it a problem if my right ones were taken out? ah! let me know what you think!

I had a right rib removed and then my surgeon moved my lung over and removed the discs from my upper vertebrae before closing me up and starting the posterior part of the surgery. I would think it depends on what side the rib hump is on as mine was on the right.

Comment

I lost all three on the right side. They could not save them- however, they were able to use them for my bone grafts.
      Angela
      29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

The side the surgeon takes the ribs out from would be the side where the incision is.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Mine was taken out on the right side in order to remove discs as well.
          Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
          Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
          Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
          Fused T2 to sacrum
          June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
          MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
          X