Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends

SOMETIMES AFTER I COMPLAIN ABOUT MY BRACE SHOWING THRU MY CLOTHES MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY SAY THEY CAN'T EVEN NOTICE IT. IT BUGS ME BECAUSE I CAN NOTICE IT AND I KINDA JUST WANT THEM TO SAY THAT STINKS. I ALMOST WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW I HAVE A BRACE CUZ I DON'T WANT THEM TO THINK I'M THAT FAT.
    WHAT DO U THINK??? IS THAT REALLY WEIRD???
    LIBBY

14 yrs old
    28 t
    29 L before brace
    right now: 21 L
    now i'm doing basketball, ballet, and piano

Lol

Hey me again
    i have the same thing and my friend and family do it too it really bugs me when they say it makes me look skinier when it tokk me 3-4 sizes up in my pants
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

I wore my brace for 2 years under my clothes and nobody ever noticed. I always thought that they would but what was a big deal to me was no big deal to them. keep smiling you two...it doesn't last forever!

Comment

hey...
        i'll probably only have to wear my brace for two years too. and i'm sure i'll get through it, it's not AS bad as i thought it would be. cloudy: i went up like 3 or 4 pant sizes too. and that's what makes me really confused on how people don't notice...
        LIBBY

14 yrs old
        28 t
        29 L before brace
        right now: 21 L
        now i'm doing basketball, ballet, and piano

Comment

My 8 year old daughter just got her boston brace 2 weeks ago. She looks skinnier because her back was swayed and it makes her stomach pooch out. Our family and friends have tried to encourage our daughter by telling her that they can't tell if that she is wearing a brace. Sometimes she feels the same way and tells me, "Don't they know how much this stinks." I just explain to her that they are trying to make her feel better. If fact she wants me to place 3 smiley faces on this post Because she gets mad at having to wear the brace Because she sad that she has scoliosis and a slipped disc and because the brace makes her back feel better.
          Moxie
          Mom to Beth, 12 years old. On diagnosis: T-32, S-28; T-23 with boston brace. Initially, Beth was diagnosed with a grade 2 spondylethesis. Now--spondylethesis is repaired; she rehabbing it. God has her in His hands. And, she's a GREAT kid.
          [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X